Medicine Overview of Revofer Injection
Uses of Revofer Injection
Revofer 500mg Injection is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia and anemia due to chronic kidney disease.
Side effects of Revofer Injection
Nausea, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Increased blood pressure, Dizziness, Decreased phosphate level in blood, Injection site reaction.
How to use Revofer Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Revofer Injection works
Ferric carboxymaltose belongs to the class of drugs called as an iron complexes. It works by increasing the level of iron in the body thereby helping to build more red blood cells.
In Depth Information on Revofer Injection
Expert advice for Revofer Injection
- Tell your doctor if you have any blood diseases like porphyria or thalassemia, liver problems, any medicinal allergies or have received multiple blood transfusions.
- Your will be monitored for at least 30 minutes after receiving ferric carboxymaltose, as it may cause allergic reactions shortly after administration of the drug. Tell your doctor immediately if you feel any abnormal symptoms or discomfort.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood iron levels and blood pressure while taking ferric carboxymaltose.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any iron products by mouth.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with ferric carboxymaltose, as it may worsen its side effects.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking ferric carboxymaltose as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ferric carboxymaltose or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with other types of anemia (not because of low blood iron levels).
- Do not take if suffering with high level of iron in the blood.
Special precautions for Revofer 500mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Revofer 500mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Revofer 500mg Injection is probably safe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Revofer 500mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Revofer 500mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients+more
with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Revofer 500mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Revofer 500mg Injection should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Revofer 500mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Ferric Carboxymaltose, please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Revofer 500mg Injection
Patients taking Revofer 500mg Injection
Once A Day
Once A Month
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Revofer 500mg Injection: Health Arx Technologies Private Limited, Amishi Consumer Technologies P Ltd, Organic India Private Limited, Delhi Cryogenic Products Pvt Ltd, First Step Digital Pvt Ltd, Gupta Homoeo Pharmacy Pvt Ltd, Organic Wellness Products Private Limited, RK Sons, Pills Tree Super Pharmacy, Melting Pot Concepts Pvt Ltd, Zywie Ventures Pvt Ltd, Lifecare Chemist (PAN India), SBL Pvt Ltd, Satyog Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Ghantakarn International, Aashirwad Agency, Airveda Technologies Pvt Ltd, Fit and Glow Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Keshav Homeo Home, Radicura Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Jiva Ayurvedic Pharmacy Ltd, Perfect Nutrition, Sharma Traders, Bright Lifecare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Vendor, Maximaa Systems Ltd, Swadeshi Ayurved, Sri Jain Pharmacy, Inlife Pharma Pvt Ltd, Herbolab India Pvt Ltd, Ayush Enterprises, Priya Entreprises, Gallop Trading Company, Planet Ayurveda, Life aid Homeopathic and ayurvedic store, Emmbros Overseas, Makvis, Herboveda India, Rusan Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Distributors, Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd., BestSource Nutrition Private Limited, Biomed Distributors, Star medicare, DF Pharmacy Ltd, Do You Even Gym, 9 to 9 Farmacia, The Medicine Mart, Bantom Laboratories P Ltd , 9to9 Farmacia (South), Madhu Medicos, M/s R&G Healthcare (Delhi)
Substitutes for Revofer
No substitutes found for this medicine