Medicine Overview of Retrolam Injection
Side effects of Retrolam Injection
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Ear infection, Nasal infection, Throat infection, Sore throat, Skin rash, Muscle pain, Fever, Chills, Diarrhoea.
How to use Retrolam Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Retrolam Injection works
Retrolam 150mg injection prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Retrolam Injection
Expert advice for Retrolam Injection
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes and are using insulin.
- Patients receiving this therapy are always at a risk for infections and hence should report any such cases to the doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you take any prescription medication; Inform your doctor if you take other medicine for treatment of HIV or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia [a type of blood cancer], or antibiotics for infection.
- Lamivudine may rarely cause a serious side effect like lactic acidosis with symptoms such as pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling; hence, inform the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- It is possible to pass on HIV when on this medication and hence it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent HIV from spreading.
- Inform you doctor if you notice signs of change in the distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteronecrosis), or inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
- If you are on therapy it is important to use effective non hormonal method of contraception or condom so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
- Use with caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or other significant risk factors for pancreatitis.
Special precautions for Retrolam 150mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Retrolam 150mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Retrolam 150mg Injection is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Retrolam 150mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Retrolam 150mg Injection should be used with caution in pati+more
ents with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Retrolam 150mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Retrolam 150mg Injection is safe to use in patients with liv+more
er disease. No dose adjustment of Retrolam 150mg Injection is recommended....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Valgaids 450mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION, Barbinol 20mg/5ml Syrup
If you miss a dose of Lamivudine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Retrolam 150mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Lamivudine
Q. Can lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this dru
Retrolam cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor
Retrolam may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.
Substitutes for Retrolam
No substitutes found for this medicine