food interaction for RETINO A
alcohol interaction for RETINO A
pregnancy interaction for RETINO A
lactation interaction for RETINO A
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RETINO A
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RETINO A 0.05% W/W CREAM
Patients taking RETINO A 0.05% W/W CREAM
- 85%Once A Day
- 8%Twice A Day
- 5%Thrice A week
- 2%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for RETINO A
- TRETIN CREAM(30 GM cream in tube)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 4.50/GM of creamRs. 135save 42% more per GM of cream
- T NAC 0.05% W/W CREAM(20 GM cream in tube)Panzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4/GM of creamRs. 80save 48% more per GM of cream
- AIROL 0.05% W/W CREAM(20 GM cream in tube)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 5.25/GM of creamRs. 105save 32% more per GM of cream
- TRONIN 0.05% W/W CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Talent HealthcareRs. 3.60/GM of creamRs. 36save 54% more per GM of cream
- AIROL 0.05% W/W CREAM(20 GM cream in tube)Abbott India LtdRs. 5.25/GM of creamRs. 105save 32% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for RETINO A
- Inform your doctor before using tretinoin topical if you are using cosmetics or astringents that exfoliate or dry your skin or if they contain alcohol, lime or spices.
- Avoid direct contact of cream/gel with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Exercise caution in children less than 12 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding
- It should not take if patient is allergic to tretinoin or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients having eczema (red, scaly, inflammed and dry skin) or if you have damaged skin or sun burns
- It sholud not given to patients taking medicines that remove the top layers of the skin.
Frequently asked questions for RETINO A
Q.Is tretinoin topical a steroid/ retin a/ retin a/ a retinoid/retinol?
Tretinoin topical is not a steroid. It is a form of vitamin A (Retin-A) and belongs to a group of medications called as ‘retinoids'. Tretinoin and retinol are similar but tretinoin tends to be a bit more aggressive than retinol which is a bit more suitable for those with sensitive skin
Q.Is tretinoin cream safe?
Tretinoin is safe if taken at recommended doses and duration. The gel form should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 12 years
Q.Does tretinoin cream work/ is tretinoin cream good for acne/acne scars/lighten skin/thin the skin/work on wrinkles/fade dark spots/clog pores/cause breakouts?
Tretinoin cream works effectively in most of the patients. It is useful for treating most of the skin related issue like acne, acne scars, skin lightening, removing wrinkles, fade dark spots, clog pores, etc. It does not cause breakouts but helps the skin in healing it
Q.Is tretinoin available over the counter?
It is available only as per doctor's prescription.