food interaction for RETELEX
alcohol interaction for RETELEX
pregnancy interaction for RETELEX
lactation interaction for RETELEX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RETELEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RETELEX
- VASCIUM 18MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 28333.30/injectionRs. 28333.30save 13% more per injection
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for RETELEX
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following: cerebrovascular disease, high blood pressure, gastrointestinal or genitourinary bleeding within 10 days, narrowing of the valves on the left side of the heart (mitral stenosis) with fast uncontrolled heartbeat (atrial fibrillation), inflammation of a vein caused by a blood clot (septic thrombophlebitis) or occluded arteriovenous cannula at seriously infected site.
- You will be carefully evaluated for bleeding risk during treatment with reteplase.
- Seek immediate medical advice if you feel palpitations or an irregular heartbeat after the administration of reteplase.
- Take necessary precautions if your age is over 75 years as you are at high risk of bleeding.
- Do not take reteplase along with heparin.
- Stop taking reteplase and seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe allergic reaction.
- Use of reteplase is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for RETELEX
Q.What is reteplase drug class?
Reteplase belongs to class of medicines called thrombolytics
Q.What is reteplase used for?
Reteplase is used to improve heart function and prevent congestive heart failure or death in people who have had a heart attack
Q.How does reteplase work?
Reteplase works by dissolving the blood clots (splitting of endogenous plasminogen to plasmin).