Medicine Overview of Restasis Injection
Side effects of Restasis Injection
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Increased hair growth, Increased blood pressure, Renal dysfunction, Loss of appetite, Diarrhoea, Tremor.
How to use Restasis Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Restasis Injection works
Restasis 0.05% injection is an immunosuppressant that works by decreasing the activity of body's immune system.
In Depth Information on Restasis Injection
Expert advice for Restasis Injection
- Restasis, like all immunosuppressants, increases the risk of infection and certain cancers. Avoid being close to people with cold, flu or other contagious illness.
- Do not receive a "live vaccine" while you are using Restasis. The live vaccine may not work well and may not fully protect you.
- It may cause unwanted side effects like kidney damage, tremor, hirsutism, hypertension, and gum hyperplasia.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Your doctor may ask to get Restasis blood concentration level, to avoid side effect due to high concentrations.
- Your doctor may ask to get kidney function test done regularly to avoid kidney damage.
Special precautions for Restasis 0.05% Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Restasis 0.05% Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Restasis 0.05% Injection should be used with caution during+more
lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Restasis 0.05% Injection alters the+more
ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Restasis 0.05% Injection is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with impaired renal function....
Caution should be used in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Genticyn 80mg Injection, Olsertain 40mg Tablet, Minipress XL 5mg Tablet, Prazopress 2.5mg Tablet XL
If you miss a dose of Cyclosporine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Restasis 0.05% w/v Injection
Frequently asked questions for Cyclosporine
No, Restasis is not cytotoxic.
No, Restasis is not a steroid or sulfa drug, but a cyclic peptide isolated from fungal source
No, Restasis is not known to impair fertility and has no known effects on birth contro
No, Restasis has no known effects on weight gain, constipation or hair loss.
Substitutes for Restasis
No substitutes found for this medicine