food interaction for RESDINIR
alcohol interaction for RESDINIR
pregnancy interaction for RESDINIR
lactation interaction for RESDINIR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR RESDINIR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR RESDINIR
Expert advice FOR RESDINIR
- Do not start or continue the cefdinir and consult your doctor if you have inflammation of large intestine (colitis) or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- Take cefdinir 2 hours before or 2 hours after antacids or iron containing products or medicines.
- Do not drive or operate any machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefdinir. These effects may be worsen with alcohol, so avoid taking cefdinir and alcohol together.
- Caution should be taken when giving cefdinir to the children younger than 6 months old or to patients with diabetes as it may affect the results for urine glucose or ketone tests.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking BCG or live typhoid vaccine during cefdinir treatment, as cefdinir will decrease the effectiveness of these vaccines.
Frequently asked questions FOR RESDINIR
Q. Is cefdinir a penicillin or sulfa drug?
No, cefdinir is not a penicillin or sulfa drug. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Does cefdinir affect birth control?
Cefdinir can reduce effectiveness of birth control pills. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Does cefdinir cause constipation, red stool, or diarrhea?
Cefdinir may cause diarrhea or red stool but it is not known to cause constipation
Q. Can I take cefdinir with Allegra (fexofenadine hydrochloride), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Mucinex (guaifenesin), Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Sudafed (dextromethorphan and phenylephrine), Tylenol (acetaminophen), hydrocodone, or ibuprofen?
Cefdinir is not reported to interact with Allegra, Benadryl, Nyquil, Sudafed, Tylenol, hydrocodone, or ibuprofen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does cefdinir treat strep or sore throat, urinary tract infection (UTI), bladder infection, or tooth infection?
Yes, you can take cefdinir in strep or sore throat; UTI, or bladder infection. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q. Is cefdinir gluten free?
Yes. Cefdinir is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is cefdinir generic?
Yes, cefdinir is available as generic drug
Q. Does cefdinir liquid need to be refrigerated?
Cefdinir needs to be stored at 15° to 30°C. It should not be frozen
Q. Is cefdinir safe?
Cefdinir is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.