food interaction for REPALOL
alcohol interaction for REPALOL
pregnancy interaction for REPALOL
lactation interaction for REPALOL
Taking Losartan with alcohol may excessively lower the blood pressure.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for REPALOL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for REPALOL 50 MG/50 MG TABLET
Patients taking REPALOL 50 MG/50 MG TABLET
- 62%Twice A Day
- 35%Once A Day
- 3%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for REPALOL
- LOSAR BETA TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 10.45/tabletRs. 104.50pay 2% more per tablet
- COVANCE AT 50 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.20/tabletRs. 102same price
- NUSAR ATN 50 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.32/tabletRs. 123.20pay 21% more per tablet
- REVAS AT 50 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.93/tabletRs. 89.30save 12% more per tablet
- TOZAAR AT 50 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.20/tabletRs. 92save 10% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for REPALOL
- Atenolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Atenolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Atenolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Atenolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for REPALOL
Q.What is betacard used for?
Betacard is a trade name for active drug atenolol. Atenolol belongs to a class of drugs called beta blockers and is used for its effect on the heart and peripheral blood vessels to lower elevated blood pressure, prevent chest pain, treat uneven heart beats and in the early treatment following a heart attack
Q.Is atenolol safe?
Yes. Atenolol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is atenolol a diuretic/ blood thinner/ ACE inhibitor/ nitrate?
No. Atenolol is blood pressure lowering medication (beta-blocker) and used to treat few other heart diseases. It has no known effect on increasing the urine output or fluidity of blood. It is not an ACE inhibitor or nitrate
Q.Is atenolol a narcotic?
No. Atenolol is not a narcotic medicine. It belongs to a class of drugs called beta blockers and is used for its effect on the heart and peripheral blood vessels to lower elevated blood pressure, prevent chest pain, treat uneven heart beats and in the early treatment following a heart attack
Q.Is atenolol cardioselective/ selective/ non-selective?
Yes. Atenolol selectively blocks receptors called beta-1 adrenergic receptor in the heart and is therefore called a cardio selective drug.
Q.Is losartan a blood thinner?
No, losartan is from a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently
Q.Is losartan safe?
Losartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is losartan the same as losartan potassium?
Yes. Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q.Is losartan generic?
Yes, it is the generic drug
Q.Is losartan a water pill?
No, it belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists
Q.Is losartan gluten free?
Yes. losartan is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Does losartan contain potassium?
Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q.Can I take losartan with Benadryl/atenolol/Xanax/Viagra/Nyquil/metoprolol?
Atenolol, metoprolol and Xanax may lower blood pressure when taken along with losartan. No clinically observed drug interaction is observed with Viagra, Nyquil, and alcohol. Please follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Does losartan cause constipation/infrequent urination/ drowsiness/ headache/ itching/ cough/ lower heart rate?
Losartan causes headache, drowsiness. Constipation, infrequent urination, itching, cough and low heart rate are not reported. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice regarding the possible side effects.