food interaction for REGAINE
alcohol interaction for REGAINE
pregnancy interaction for REGAINE
lactation interaction for REGAINE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for REGAINE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for REGAINE 2% W/V SOLUTION
Patients taking REGAINE 2% W/V SOLUTION
- 53%Once A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
- 9%Thrice A week
- 5%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for REGAINE
- TUGAIN 2%W/V SOLUTION(60 ML solution in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 3.88/ML of solutionRs. 233save 31% more per ML of solution
- MX 2 2%W/V SOLUTION(60 ML solution in bottle)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 4.33/ML of solutionRs. 260save 24% more per ML of solution
- COVERIT 2% W/V SOLUTION(60 ML solution in bottle)Micro Labs LtdRs. 4.38/ML of solutionRs. 262.50save 23% more per ML of solution
- PILOGRO 2%W/V SOLUTION(60 ML solution in bottle)Fulford India LtdRs. 3.47/ML of solutionRs. 208save 39% more per ML of solution
- PYLODIL 2% W/V SOLUTION(60 ML solution in bottle)Sol Derma Pharmaceuiticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.17/ML of solutionRs. 190save 44% more per ML of solution
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for REGAINE
- Consult your doctor before using minoxidil topical, if you are not sure whether your hair loss is hereditary, hair loss cause is unknown, or it is sudden and unexpected, hair loss is due to child birth or drug treatment, have total baldness or complete loss of all body hair, have any condition that affects your scalp, including sunburn and psoriasis, have a shaved scalp, or red, inflamed, irritated or painful scalp.
- Inform your doctor before using minoxidil topical if you have heart problems (you may feel breathless, wheezy or tired and your ankles may swell up) or if you have ever had chest pain or heart attack.
- Do not use the topical application while smoking, or near any naked flame or strong heat source as the solution is flammable.
- Stop minoxidil topical use and consult your doctor immediately if you experience side effects related to low blood pressure such as chest pain, rapid heart rate, fainting, dizziness, swollen hands and feet and redness of the scalp.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to minoxidil or any of its ingredients.
- Adolescents under 18 years and elderly above 65 years of age.
- Patients suffering from cardiac arrhythmia (abnormal heart beat) or high blood pressure caused by hormones from a tumor (pheochromocytoma), usually near the kidneys.
Frequently asked questions for REGAINE
Q.Does minoxidil topical cause acne?
Yes, minoxidil topical may cause acne in some individuals. If you experience any such side-effect, please consult your doctor
Q.Is minoxidil topical effective for hair growth/regrowth?
Yes, minoxidil topical is effective in hair growth/regrowth for patients with hereditary hair loss. However, each patient may respond differently to minoxidil treatment for hair growth
Q.Is minoxidil topical effective for frontal baldness?
Minoxidil topical is effective in hair growth for patients with hereditary hair loss, hence minoxidil may be useful in frontal baldness. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Does minoxidil topical stimulate the growth of a beard?
Minoxidil topical is used only on the scalp for hair growth in patients with hereditary hair loss. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is minoxidil topical a steroid?
No, minoxidil topical is not a steroid.