food interaction for RASTINON
alcohol interaction for RASTINON
pregnancy interaction for RASTINON
lactation interaction for RASTINON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RASTINON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RASTINONNo substitutes found
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for RASTINON
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Tolbutamide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for RASTINON
Q.What is tolbutamide/ what is tolbutamide orinase/ what is tolbutamide used for?
Tolbutamide (brand name Orinase) is used in adults to control blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes (non-insulin dependent) which cannot be controlled by diet alone
Q.How does tolbutamide work/ how does tolbutamide lower blood glucose?
Tolbutamide helps pancreas to produce insulin which in turn helps to lower blood sugar
Q.Is tolbutamide contraindicated for older adults?
Tolbutamide is not contraindicated for older adults, but it should used with caution and should be initiated at lower doses
Q.Is tolbutamide still used?
Tolbutamide is used in generic form. No brands are available for same.