food interaction for RAPILIF
alcohol interaction for RAPILIF
pregnancy interaction for RAPILIF
lactation interaction for RAPILIF
Avoid Rapilif 8 mg capsule with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RAPILIF
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RAPILIF 8 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking RAPILIF 8 MG CAPSULE
- 83%Once A Day
- 10%Twice A Day
- 5%Four Times A Day
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for RAPILIF
- SILODAL 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 19.50/capsuleRs. 195save 7% more per capsule
- SILOFAST 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 21.50/capsuleRs. 215pay 3% more per capsule
- SILOTIME 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 20.70/capsuleRs. 207save 1% more per capsule
- FLOSPURT 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 18.50/capsuleRs. 185save 11% more per capsule
- GERIPOD 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.90/capsuleRs. 229pay 10% more per capsule
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for RAPILIF
- Do not start or continue silodosin and consult your doctor If you are allergic to silodosin or other alpha blockers, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid standing up suddenly from bed; dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting may occur when you get up too quickly from a lying position.
- Silodosin can make you drowsy or dizzy especially the first few times that you take it; and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
- Silodosin is recommended for use in BPH, hence it will be used only by men.
Frequently asked questions for RAPILIF
Q.What is silodosin used for?
Silodosin is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy, which is a non-cancerous enlargement of prostate causing symptoms during urination like hesitancy, incomplete emptying, weak stream, increased urgency and frequency, and increased urination in the night
Q.Does silodosin contain sulfa?
No, it does not contain sulfa
Q.How does silodosin work?
It blocks the alpha-1 receptors located in the muscles of human prostate, urinary bladder and urethra and relaxes It works by relieving symptoms associated with benign prostatic hypertrophy by relaxing these muscles of prostate and bladder, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in BPH symptoms.