Drug interaction for RAPILIF
Avoid with tyramine rich food like cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer Take it with food.
Taking Silodosin with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
Probably safe during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Unknown. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RAPILIFSilodosin(8 mg)
Rapilif 8 mg capsule is used to improve urination in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). and to relieve symptoms during urination like hesitancy, incomplete emptying, weak stream, increased urgency and frequency, and increased urination in the night.
How it works
Rapilif 8 mg capsule belongs to a class of medications called as selective alpha-1 receptor blockers. It blocks the alpha-1 receptors located in the muscles of human prostate, urinary bladder and urethra and relaxes these muscles, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in BPH symptoms.
Common side effects
Liver dysfunction, Decreased blood pressure, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Running nose, Nasal congestion
SUBSTITUTES for RAPILIF
- SILODAL 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 19.50/capsuleRs. 195save 7% more per capsule
- SILOFAST 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 21.50/capsuleRs. 215pay 3% more per capsule
- SILOTIME 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 20.70/capsuleRs. 207save 1% more per capsule
- FLOSPURT 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 18.50/capsuleRs. 185save 11% more per capsule
- GERIPOD 8 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.90/capsuleRs. 229pay 10% more per capsule
Expert advice for RAPILIF
- Do not start or continue silodosin and consult your doctor If you are allergic to silodosin or other alpha blockers, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid standing up suddenly from bed; dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting may occur when you get up too quickly from a lying position.
- Silodosin can make you drowsy or dizzy especially the first few times that you take it; and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
- Silodosin is recommended for use in BPH, hence it will be used only by men.
Frequently asked questions for RAPILIF
Q. What is silodosin used for?
Silodosin is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy, which is a non-cancerous enlargement of prostate causing symptoms during urination like hesitancy, incomplete emptying, weak stream, increased urgency and frequency, and increased urination in the night.
Q. Does silodosin contain sulfa?
No, it does not contain sulfa.
Q. How does silodosin work?
It blocks the alpha-1 receptors located in the muscles of human prostate, urinary bladder and urethra and relaxes It works by relieving symptoms associated with benign prostatic hypertrophy by relaxing these muscles of prostate and bladder, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in BPH symptoms.