SALT INFORMATIONRanolazine(500 mg)
Ranolazine is used alone or with other medications to treat ongoing angina (heart disease that causes intense chest pain).
How it works
Ranolazine belongs to class of medications called anti-anginals. It works by improving blood flow to help the heart work more efficiently.
Common side effects
Fainting, Fast or pounding heartbeat, Difficulty in breathing, Nausea, Headache, Constipation, Dizzines
- RANOZEX 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 9.30/tabletRs. 93save 6% more per tablet
- RANOLAZ 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95save 4% more per tablet
- CARTINEX 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 10.79/tabletRs. 107.87pay 10% more per tablet
- RANCAD OD 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 12.95/tabletRs. 129.50pay 31% more per tablet
- ANGIOTEC 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.90/tabletRs. 69save 30% more per tablet
- Ranolazine should not be taken to treat sudden attack of chest pain (angina). Your doctor will advise you the exact treatment if you experience an attack of chest pain (angina).
- Do not stop taking ranolazine without talking to your doctor.
- Ranolazine may make you dizzy and lightheaded. Do not drive a car, operate machinery, or participate in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination until you know how this medication affects you.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Do not use ranolazine:
- If you are allergic to any ingredient in ranolazine.
- If you have liver cirrhosis; moderate or severe liver problems.
- If you have severe kidney problems.
Consult your doctor before taking ranolazine:
- If you have ever had an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG).
- If you are elderly.
- If you have low weight.
- If you have heart failure.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is ranolazine available in Canada/ Australia/ FDA approved?
Ranolazine is an FDA approved drug and it is available in Canada and Australia.
Q. Is ranolazine generic?
Ranolazine is a generic drug and it is available in different brand names (Ranolaz, Ranexa).
Q. Is ranolazine a blood thinner?
Ranolazine belongs to class of medication called antianginals. It is not a blood thinner.
Q. Does ranolazine decrease mortality?
Ranolazine is used for treatment of angina (chest pain) and it reduces the risk of mortality.