food interaction for RAMISTAR A
alcohol interaction for RAMISTAR A
pregnancy interaction for RAMISTAR A
lactation interaction for RAMISTAR A
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR RAMISTAR A
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR RAMISTAR A 2.5MG/2.5MG TABLET
Patients taking RAMISTAR A 2.5MG/2.5MG TABLET
- 33%Thrice A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR RAMISTAR A
- ASOMEX R 2.5MG/2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.97/tabletRs. 109.70pay 88% more per tablet
- ESLORIL 2.5MG/2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 7.08/tabletRs. 70.78pay 21% more per tablet
- ALIS R 2.5MG/2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panjon Pharma LtdRs. 2.89/tabletRs. 28.87save 51% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR RAMISTAR A
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions FOR RAMISTAR A
Q. Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q. Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q. Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q. What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.
Q. Is ramipril a diuretic?
No, ramipril is not a diuretic It belongs to a class of drugs called ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors), mainly used to reduce high blood pressure
Q. Is ramipril safe?
Ramipril is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is ramipril or cardace a calcium channel blocker/alpha blocker/ beta blocker?
No, ramipril or cardace is an ACE inhibitor and shows no known effects on calcium channels or alpha receptors or beta receptors
Q. Is ramipril a nitrate or a statin?
Ramipril is neither a nitrate nor a statin. It is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure
Q. What are Cardace / Ramistar/Hopace used for?
Cardace, Ramistar, Hopace are all trade names for the active drug ramipril. Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure
Q. Can I take ramipril with simvastatin/amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine-decongestant preparation)?
There are no known serious drug interactions between ramipril when taken with simvastatin/ amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/Sudafed. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril
Q. Can I take ramipril with ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen can be taken with ramipril, however, it is known that ibuprofen and other NSAIDs may reduce the antihypertensive effects of ramipril. Consult your doctor about any medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause coughing?
Yes, non-productive tickling cough, is one of the common side effects or ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause frequent urination?
No, ramipril has no known effect on increasing the frequency of urination. It may rarely increase the urine output but not affect the frequency of urination
Q. Does ramipril cause itching?
Yes, ramipril may cause itching of skin. It is not very commonly observed
Q. Does ramipril cause an increase in potassium levels in the blood?
Yes, increased potassium levels is one a common side effects of ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause depression?
Yes, ramipril may cause depression; however, it is not very commonly observed
Q. Does ramipril thin the blood?
No. ramipril has no known effect on blood thinning
Q. Is ramipril available in India?
Yes, ramipril is available in India with more than 100 brand names.