Substitutes for RAMISTAR TABLET
ETORIL 2.5MG TABLET
Psychotropics India Ltd
HEARTACE 2.5MG TABLET
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries
RAMP 2.5MG TABLET
West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
RAMIPEN 2.5MG TABLET
Morepen Laboratories Ltd
RPL 2.5MG TABLET
Indica Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Medicine Overview of RAMISTAR TABLET
Side effects of RAMISTAR TABLET
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment.
How to use RAMISTAR TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Ramistar 2.5mg tablet at a fixed time.
How RAMISTAR TABLET works
Ramistar 2.5mg tablet relaxes the blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart works more efficiently.
In Depth Information on RAMISTAR TABLET
Expert advice for RAMISTAR TABLET
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Ramipril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Ramipril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Ramipril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Ramipril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Ramipril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Ramipril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Special precautions for RAMISTAR 2.5MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ramistar 2.5mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Ramistar 2.5mg tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
It is not advisable to drive or operate machinery for several hours.
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TACSANT 0.5MG CAPSULE, HEPLOCK 10IU INJECTION, AVERY 300MG TABLET, SILYBON 35MG SUSPENSION
If you miss a dose of Ramipril, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for RAMISTAR 2.5MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Ramipril
Q. Is ramipril a diuretic?
No, ramipril is not a diuretic It belongs to a class of drugs called ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors), mainly used to reduce high blood pressure
Q. Is ramipril safe?
Ramipril is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is ramipril or cardace a calcium channel blocker/alpha blocker/ beta blocker?
No, ramipril or cardace is an ACE inhibitor and shows no known effects on calcium channels or alpha receptors or beta receptors
Q. Is ramipril a nitrate or a statin?
Ramipril is neither a nitrate nor a statin. It is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure
Q. What are Cardace / Ramistar/Hopace used for?
Cardace, Ramistar, Hopace are all trade names for the active drug ramipril. Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure
Q. Can I take ramipril with simvastatin/amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine-decongestant preparation)?
There are no known serious drug interactions between ramipril when taken with simvastatin/ amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/Sudafed. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril
Q. Can I take ramipril with ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen can be taken with ramipril, however, it is known that ibuprofen and other NSAIDs may reduce the antihypertensive effects of ramipril. Consult your doctor about any medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause coughing?
Yes, non-productive tickling cough, is one of the common side effects or ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause frequent urination?
No, ramipril has no known effect on increasing the frequency of urination. It may rarely increase the urine output but not affect the frequency of urination
Q. Does ramipril cause itching?
Yes, ramipril may cause itching of skin. It is not very commonly observed
Q. Does ramipril cause an increase in potassium levels in the blood?
Yes, increased potassium levels is one a common side effects of ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause depression?
Yes, ramipril may cause depression; however, it is not very commonly observed
Q. Does ramipril thin the blood?
No. ramipril has no known effect on blood thinning
Q. Is ramipril available in India?
Yes, ramipril is available in India with more than 100 brand names.
Q. Can I take Ramipril with sildenafil ?
Yes,Ramipril can be taken with Sildenafil . However, there could be an excessive fall in blood pressure when taken together and you can experience symptoms like dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, flushing, headache, or an increased heart rate. So, special caution must be taken when taking both the drugs together and inform your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.
User Submitted Feedback For RAMISTAR 2.5MG TABLET
Patients taking RAMISTAR 2.5MG TABLET
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
How effective is this medicine?