food interaction for RABONIK D
alcohol interaction for RABONIK D
pregnancy interaction for RABONIK D
lactation interaction for RABONIK D
Avoid Rabonik d sr 30 mg/20 mg capsule with acidic food and beverages such as sugar, certain dairy products, fish, processed foods, fresh meats and processed meats,sodas and other sweetened beverages.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR RABONIK D
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR RABONIK D SR 30 MG/20 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking RABONIK D SR 30 MG/20 MG CAPSULE
- 74%Once A Day
- 20%Twice A Day
- 4%Twice A Week
- 1%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR RABONIK D
- RABLET D 30MG/20MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 12.50/capsuleRs. 125pay 38% more per capsule
- RABEMAC-DSR CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.05/capsuleRs. 90.50same price
- VELOZ D 30 MG/20 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.70/capsuleRs. 107pay 18% more per capsule
- CYRA-D CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Systopic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 4/capsuleRs. 40save 56% more per capsule
- RAZO D 30 MG/20 MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 12.73/capsuleRs. 191pay 40% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR RABONIK D
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions FOR RABONIK D
Q. What is Domperidone/ domstal used for and how long can I take it?
Domperidone (also known as domstal) is used for the treatment of short-term (upto 48 hours) and long-term (upto 2 weeks) problems of nausea, vomiting, belching, gas, heartburn and bloating (not to be confused as laxative, steroid or antacid). Always take the drug exactly as your doctor has told you to
Q. Is domperidone an over the counter drug?
No, domperidone is not an OTC drug and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription
Q. Can I take domperidone with citalopram?
Domperidone may increase the sedative effect of citalopram and may interact with other drugs like antibiotics, pain-killers or anti-fungals. Consult your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines
Q. Does domperidone cause weight-gain?
No. Domperidone does not cause weight-gain. If you notice an abnormal weight-gain, visit your doctor
Q. Does domperidone raise the blood pressure or cause depression?
These effects are generally not seen with use of domperidone. But if you are experiencing these side effects, please consult your doctor.
Q. Is rabeprazole/ Rabicip-20/ Rabium 20 mg/ Rabium DSR/ Veloz 20/ Veloz D/ Rablet 20/ Rablet D/ Rekool D an over the counter?
Rabeprazole (also available as / Rabicip-20/ Rabium 20 mg/ Rabium DSR/ Veloz 20/ Veloz D/ Rablet 20/ Rablet D/ Rekool D) although available over the counter, it should be taken only on doctor’s advice
Q. Is rabeprazole an antacid / antibiotic?
Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor which suppresses acid production in stomach. It is not antacid which reacts and neutralizes acid. It is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria
Q. Does rabeprazole cause osteoporosis/ insomnia?
Rabeprazole may cause osteoporosis/ insomnia. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q. Can i take gaviscon with rabeprazole?
Depending upon individual’s response, there should be an interval of at least 2 hours between the two drug administrations.