food interaction for QUTAN
alcohol interaction for QUTAN
pregnancy interaction for QUTAN
lactation interaction for QUTAN
medicine interaction for QUTAN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR QUTAN
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR QUTAN 50 MG TABLET SR
Patients taking QUTAN 50 MG TABLET SR
- 64%Once A Day
- 23%Thrice A week
- 9%Twice A Day
- 5%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR QUTAN
- Q-MIND 50MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.65/tablet srRs. 46.50save 6% more per tablet sr
- Q PIN 50MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.35/tablet srRs. 43.50save 12% more per tablet sr
- ADEQUET 50 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 4.20/tablet srRs. 42save 15% more per tablet sr
- QTA 50MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.38/tablet srRs. 43.81save 11% more per tablet sr
- QUTIWEL 50MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Linux LaboratoriesRs. 3.71/tablet srRs. 37.13save 25% more per tablet sr
Expert advice FOR QUTAN
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Frequently asked questions FOR QUTAN
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Q. Is quetiapine same as Seroquel?
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient quetiapine
Q. Is quetiapine dangerous?
Quetiapine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is quetiapine a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine?
No, quetiapine is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Q. Is quetiapine a sedative?
Quetiapine is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
Q. Is quetiapine addictive?
No, quetiapine is not an addictive drug
Q. Is quetiapine a mono amine oxidase inhibitor (MAO-I)?
No, quetiapine belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.