Medicine Overview of Quser Tablet XL
Side effects of Quser Tablet XL
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Quser Tablet XL
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Quser 400mg Tablet XL empty stomach.
How Quser Tablet XL works
Quser 400mg tablet xl is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Quser Tablet XL
Expert advice for Quser Tablet XL
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Quser 400mg Tablet XL
Quser 400mg Tablet XL may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Quser 400mg Tablet XL may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Quser 400mg Tablet XL is probably usafe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Quser 400mg Tablet XL may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired+more
, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Quser 400mg Tablet XL is probably safe to use in patients wi+more
th kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Quser 400mg Tablet XL may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Quser 400mg Tablet XL should be used with caution in patient+more
s with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Quser 400mg Tablet XL may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Nixitral 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Quser 400mg Tablet XL
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Quser
Quser is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Quser is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Quser is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Quser is not an addictive drug
No, Quser belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
Substitutes for Quser Tablet XL
Q-Mind 400mg Tablet SR
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Quel 400mg Tablet SR
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Q Pin 400mg Tablet SR
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Qutipin 400mg Tablet SR
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Qutan 400mg Tablet SR
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd