Medicine Overview of Quin O Quin Tablet
Uses of Quin O Quin Tablet
Quin O Quin 300mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Malaria and Cerebral malaria.
Side effects of Quin O Quin Tablet
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Blurred vision, Changes in color vision, Dizziness, Face redness, Headache, Altered heart rate, Increased sweating, Ringing in ear, Vertigo, Vomiting.
How to use Quin O Quin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Quin O Quin 300mg Tablet with food.
How Quin O Quin Tablet works
Quin o quin 300mg tablet is a weak base that reaches high concentration within the malarial parasite and causes accumulation of toxic heme pigment, which kills it.
In Depth Information on Quin O Quin Tablet
Expert advice for Quin O Quin Tablet
- Take this medication with meals to minimize chances of stomach upset.
- Tell your doctor if you have any heart problems related to irregular rhythm of heartbeats or any liver or kidney disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia).
- You should regularly check the blood glucose levels during the treatment with quinine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to quinine or any of its ingredients or mefloquine or quinidine.
- Avoid if Patients have prolonged QT interval (disordered electrical activity of heart leading to heart disorders).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a hereditary disorder affecting red blood cells).
- Do not take if suffering from myasthenia gravis (a rare disorder characterized by severe muscle weakness).
- Avoid if Patients has optic neuritis (inflammation of the eye nerve causing visual disorders).
- Do not take if Patients have history of blackwater fever (a complication of malaria), thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (a rare blood disorder) or thrombocytopenia (abnormally low number of platelets in blood).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from tinnitus (ringing in ears) or hematuria (blood in the urine).
Special precautions for Quin O Quin 300mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Quin O Quin 300mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Quin O Quin 300mg Tablet should be used with caution during+more
lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Quin O Quin 300mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
In some of the patients it may impair driving performence and operate machinary....
In some of the patients it may impair driving performence and operate machinary.
There is limited information available on the use of Quin O+more
Quin 300mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Dixin 3mg/5ml Syrup, Rantac 50mg/2ml Injection, Peptiran 75mg/5ml Syrup, Aciloc 25mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Quin O Quin 300mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Quinine
Yes. Quin o quin is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps which regularly disrupt sleep
No. Quin o quin is not indicated for use in neurological conditions like restless leg syndrome. It is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps
Q. Is quinine an alkaloid/ a stimulant/ a diuretic?
Quinine is an alkaloid obtained from bark of the cinchona tree. It is not a stimulant (i.e. does not stimulate the brain or any mental functions) or a diuretic (does not increase urine output)
Q. Can you take quinine with warfarin?
Taking warfarin with quinine may increase risk of unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia). Please inform your doctor about all medications you are taking currently before starting quinine treatment
No. Quin o quin does not prevent malaria. It is used for the treatment of malaria (caused by parasite Plasmodium falciparum) which is resistant to multiple drugs including chloroquine.
Substitutes for Quin O Quin Tablet
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet
Rez Q 300mg Tablet
Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Sulfaquin Kid 300mg Tablet
Indica Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Qunimax 300mg Tablet
Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Quinolod 300mg Tablet