Substitutes for QUEL TABLET
QUTICOOL 300MG TABLET
PSYNIL 300MG TABLET
Crescent Therapeutics Ltd
QUETIGRESS 300MG TABLET
La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
QUTIPIN 300MG TABLET
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
QUTAN 300MG TABLET
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Overview of QUEL TABLET
Side effects of QUEL TABLET
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use QUEL TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Quel sr-300 tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How QUEL TABLET works
Quel sr-300 tablet works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on QUEL TABLET
Expert advice for QUEL TABLET
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for QUEL SR-300 TABLET
Quel sr-300 tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Quel sr-300 tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Patients should not drive or operate machinery .
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP
Frequently asked questions for QUEL 300MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Q. Is quetiapine same as Seroquel?
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient quetiapine
Q. Is quetiapine dangerous?
Quetiapine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is quetiapine a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine?
No, quetiapine is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Q. Is quetiapine a sedative?
Quetiapine is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
Q. Is quetiapine addictive?
No, quetiapine is not an addictive drug
Q. Is quetiapine a mono amine oxidase inhibitor (MAO-I)?
No, quetiapine belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
User Submitted Feedback For QUEL 300MG TABLET
Patients taking QUEL SR-300 TABLET
Once A Day
Twice A Day