Medicine Overview of Pza Ciba Syrup
Uses of Pza Ciba Syrup
PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
Side effects of Pza Ciba Syrup
Jaundice, Hepatitis (viral infection of liver), Increased liver enzymes, Joint pain.
How to use Pza Ciba Syrup
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP is to be taken with food.
How Pza Ciba Syrup works
Pza ciba 250mg syrup is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
In Depth Information on Pza Ciba Syrup
Expert advice for Pza Ciba Syrup
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this drug.
- Do not have any immunizations/vaccinations while using this medication without the consent of your doctor.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms such as persistent nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort (malaise) or jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of skin and eyes) while taking pyrazinamide. It indicates that you are developing liver disease.
- Constant monitoring of liver function (especially levels of enzymes aspartate transferase [AST] and alanine transferase [ALT]) and blood uric acid levels is advised while on treatment with pyrazinamide.
- Do consult your doctor before taking pyrazinamide if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use pyrazinamide, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not stop taking pyrazinamide without consulting your doctor.
- If you forget to take a dose of pyrazinamide, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking oral contraceptive medications (hormonal birth control pills) for birth control. Your doctor may ask you to use other means of birth control (eg. condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking pyrazinamide.
Special precautions for PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Kidney function tests are advised before you start taking this medicine....
Kidney function tests are advised before you start taking this medicine.
PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised before and after the start of the treatment....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised before and after the start of the treatment.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Louric 100mg Tablet, Piloric 300mg Tablet, Zylotis 100mg Tablet, Axanthine 300mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Pyrazinamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Pza Ciba 250mg Syrup
Frequently asked questions for Pyrazinamide
Pza ciba is an antibiotic. It is used in combination with other antibiotics in the treatment of tuberculosis
Pza ciba is both a bacteriostatic and a bactericidal antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria (bacteriostatic) in certain cases and kills (bactericidal) the tuberculosis causing bacteria in other cases
Pza ciba kills or stops growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis). The exact mechanism of action for Pza ciba is not known
Following oral intake of Pza ciba, it gets converted in the body to pyrazinoic acid (active chemical form of Pza ciba). Pyrazinoic acid blocks the excretion of urates (salt form of uric acid) by the kidneys. This causes an increase in blood levels of uric acid (hyperuricemia). Excess uric acid accumulation between joints causes pain, swelling, redness and stiffness in joints (gout).
User Submitted Feedback For PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
Abnormal liver function tests
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for PZA CIBA 250MG SYRUP. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Pza Ciba
No substitutes found for this medicine