food interaction for PYODISTIG
alcohol interaction for PYODISTIG
pregnancy interaction for PYODISTIG
lactation interaction for PYODISTIG
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PYODISTIG
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PYODISTIG
- DISTINON 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 7.78/tabletRs. 77.79save 42% more per tablet
- GRAVITOR 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 13.28/tabletRs. 132.80same price
- MYESTIN 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 13.30/tabletRs. 133same price
- MYGRIS 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 7.79/tabletRs. 77.86save 41% more per tablet
- PYRISTIG 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115save 14% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PYODISTIG
- Do not start or continue the pyridostigmine medication if you are allergic to pyridostigmine or any other ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not take pyridostigmine if you have recently had coronary obstruction (heart attack); slow heart beat or any other heart condition; asthma; or stomach ulcer.
- Avoid taking pyridostigmine if you have fits (epilepsy) or Parkinson’s disease; an overactive thyroid gland; bladder or bowel obstruction.
Frequently asked questions FOR PYODISTIG
Q. Is pyridostigmine a narcotic/steroid/ immunosuppressant/ anticholinesterase?
Pyridostigmine is parasympathomimetic and not a narcotic/ steroid/immunosuppressant. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme called as acetylcholinesterase
Q. What is pyridostigmine/ pyridostigmine bromide/pyridostigmine 60 mg is used for?
Pyridostigmine is used to treat neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness (myasthenia gravis), paralytic ileus and postoperative urinary retention, reversal of neuromuscular blockade
Q. What class is pyridostigmine?
Pyridostigmine belongs to the group of medicines called parasympathomimetics
Q. Does pyridostigmine cause weight gain?
Pyridostigmine causing weight gain is very rare. However consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q. How does pyridostigmine work/ treat myasthenia gravis?
It works by inhibiting the enzyme called as acetylcholinesterase and thus allows free transmission of nerve impulses across the neuromuscular junction.