food interaction for PVDINE M
alcohol interaction for PVDINE M
pregnancy interaction for PVDINE M
lactation interaction for PVDINE M
medicine interaction for PVDINE M
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PVDINE M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PVDINE M
- ECOSEPTIC 1%/5% OINTMENT(15 GM ointment in tube)Helios PharmaceuticalsRs. 5/GM of ointmentRs. 75pay 472% more per GM of ointment
- MEGATRUM 1%/5% OINTMENT(15 GM ointment in tube)Group Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.67/GM of ointmentRs. 55pay 319% more per GM of ointment
- DREZ 1%/5% OINTMENT(10 GM ointment in tube)Stedman Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.74/GM of ointmentRs. 67.37pay 670% more per GM of ointment
- MEGADINE M 1%/5% OINTMENT(5 GM ointment in tube)Noel Pharma India Pvt LtdRs. 5.40/GM of ointmentRs. 27pay 517% more per GM of ointment
- ARMER 1%/5% OINTMENT(15 GM ointment in tube)Stadchem Of IndiaRs. 2.29/GM of ointmentRs. 34.30pay 161% more per GM of ointment
Expert advice FOR PVDINE M
- Do not engage in vaginal intercourse while on treatment with metronidazole intravaginal gel.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses or apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun as this drug may increase the sensitivity to sunlight.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to metronidazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions FOR PVDINE M
Q. Is metronidazole topical safe?
Yes, metronidazole topical is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does metronidazole topical cure STDs or yeast infections?
Metronidazole topical cures genital infections like bacterial vaginosis and gonorrhea. It does not cure chlamydia or vaginal yeast infections.
Q. Is povidone iodine the same as betadine?
Yes. Betadine is the brand (proprietary) name of povidone iodine
Q. Is povidone iodine the same as iodine or iodine tincture?
No. Povidone iodine is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action
Q. Does povidone iodine kill yeast, bacteria or fungus?
Yes. Povidone iodine being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms
Q. Does povidone iodine burn, stain, sting or hurt?
Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly
Q. Is povidone iodine safe?
Povidone iodine is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as directed by doctor
Q. Does povidone iodine contain alcohol?
No. Povidone iodine is stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine
Q. Does povidone iodine stain teeth?
Povidone iodine should be used externally. It should not be used on teeth.