Medicine Overview of Purinetone Tablet
Side effects of Purinetone Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Rash, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Intestinal ulcer, Anemia, Increased bilirubin in the blood, Reduced blood platelets, Increased transaminase level in blood, Diarrhoea, Loss of appetite.
How to use Purinetone Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Purinetone 50mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Purinetone Tablet works
Purinetone 50mg tablet interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Purinetone Tablet
Expert advice for Purinetone Tablet
- Do not drink milk or consume milk product while taking mercaptopurine.
- Do not consume alcohol or alcoholic beverages while undergoing treatment with mercaptopurine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering conditions like chickenpox, infections, and kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform doctors that you are taking mercaptopurine if you are planning to undergo surgery, including dental surgery.
- Stop taking mercaptopurine and inform your doctor if you see signs of infection, bleeding issues like blood spots in stools and skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to mercaptopurine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient Breastfeeding women.
Special precautions for Purinetone 50mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Purinetone 50mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Purinetone 50mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Purinetone 50mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Purinetone 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patien+more
ts with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Purinetone 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Purinetone 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Purinetone 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking this medicine....
Inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
MYCORAL 360 MG TABLET, LEFNO 20MG TABLET, Myphen 500mg Tablet, GeneVac-B Vaccine
Frequently asked questions for Purinetone 50mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Mercaptopurine
No, Purinetone is not a steroid
Purinetone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Purinetone may cause loss of fertility.