food interaction for PURINETONE
alcohol interaction for PURINETONE
pregnancy interaction for PURINETONE
lactation interaction for PURINETONE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PURINETONE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PURINETONE
- 6 MP 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 7.49/tabletRs. 74.87pay 13% more per tablet
Expert advice for PURINETONE
- Do not drink milk or consume milk product while taking mercaptopurine.
- Do not consume alcohol or alcoholic beverages while undergoing treatment with mercaptopurine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering conditions like chickenpox, infections, and kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform doctors that you are taking mercaptopurine if you are planning to undergo surgery, including dental surgery.
- Stop taking mercaptopurine and inform your doctor if you see signs of infection, bleeding issues like blood spots in stools and skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to mercaptopurine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient Breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions for PURINETONE
Q.Is mercaptopurine a steroid?
No, Mercaptopurine is not a steroid
Q.Is mercaptopurine safe?
Mercaptopurine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does mercaptopurine affect fertility?
Mercaptopurine may cause loss of fertility.