Medicine Overview of Psvt Injection
Uses of Psvt Injection
Psvt 6mg Injection is used in the treatment of arrhythmias.
Side effects of Psvt Injection
Nausea, Lightheadedness, Slow heart rate, Headache, Breathlessness, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Chest tightness, Burning sensation.
How to use Psvt Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Psvt Injection works
Psvt 6mg injection treats irregular heartbeat by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart.
In Depth Information on Psvt Injection
Expert advice for Psvt Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following heart problems: heart attack/ failure, or heart transplant within the last year; unusual heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation or flutter), low blood volume/ narrowing of heart valves.
- Consult your doctor if you have narrowing of the main arteries in your neck (carotid arteries).
- Take precautions while taking adenosine if you have recurrent fits.
- Caution must be exercised if you have had recurrent fits or experienced difficulty in breathing and problems associated with blood pressure, urination, defecation, etc.
- You may need to monitor your condition (ECG and blood pressure) while taking adenosine.
- Avoid food or drinks that have caffeine before taking this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Psvt 6mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Psvt 6mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Psvt 6mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Not relevant, as Psvt 6mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Psvt 6mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Psvt 6mg Injection is recommended....
Psvt 6mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with+more
liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Psvt 6mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Dynacard 100mg Tablet, Cardiwell 25mg Tablet, Cardiwell 75mg Tablet, Cardiwell 100mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Adenosine, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Psvt 6mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Adenosine
Q. Is adenosine a hormone/an amino acid/nucleotides/beta blocker/calcium channel blocker?
Adenosine belongs to class of drugs called nucleosides. It acts by restoring the heart rhythm. It also relaxes blood vessels supplying the heart and increases blood flow, thereby relieving abnormal electrical activity due to compromised blood flow to heart
Psvt causes vasodilatation which may result in headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, tachycardia and flushing. It also causes bronchoconstriction resulting in breathlessness and chest discomfort
No. Psvt has no effect on sleep
Yes, Psvt can cause various types of disturbances in heart rhythm; atrial fibrillation is one of them.
Substitutes for Psvt Injection
Adenocor 6mg Injection
Sanofi India Ltd
₹154.78/ml of Injection
Adenoz 6mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd
₹52.41/ml of Injection
Adneon 6mg Injection
Neon Laboratories Ltd
₹119.5/ml of Injection
Adenoject 6mg Injection
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹129.05/ml of Injection