food interaction for PRONET
alcohol interaction for PRONET
pregnancy interaction for PRONET
lactation interaction for PRONET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRONET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PRONET
- PHENERGAN 5 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.26/ML of syrupRs. 26.35save 32% more per ML of syrup
- PHENZEE 5MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Menarini India Pvt LtdRs. 0.21/ML of syrupRs. 12.50save 47% more per ML of syrup
- PHENAZINE 5MG SYRUP(450 ML syrup in bottle)Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.12/ML of syrupRs. 54.76save 69% more per ML of syrup
- PHENA KID 5 MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 0.23/ML of syrupRs. 13.86save 41% more per ML of syrup
- REGAN 5 MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)A N PharmaciaRs. 0.34/ML of syrupRs. 20.20save 14% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for PRONET
- Do not start or continue the promethazine tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to promethazine or any of the other ingredients of promethazine tablet.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking promethazine if you feel drowsy.
- Do not use promethazine for more than 7 days without doctor’s advice.
- Do not use in patients in coma or suffering from depression.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: severe coronary artery disease, narrow angle glaucoma, epilepsy (fits) or liver or kidney problem, block in the junction of stomach and intestine (pyloro-duodenal obstruction) or in the bladder neck.
Frequently asked questions for PRONET
Q.Is promethazine or Promethazine DM syrup a narcotic/opiate/pain killer?
Promethazine is antihistaminic drug and not a narcotic/opiate/pain killer. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Is promethazine over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Can I take promethazine for a hangover/sore throat/ nausea/stomach flu/cramps/toothache/ headache/ cough/pain?
Promethazine is used for treatment of symptoms of allergies, but not used for hangover, sore throat, stomach flu, cramps, toothache, headache and cough. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take promethazine with Nyquil/ codeine and ibuprofen/ Tylenol/ oxycodone/ Benadryl/ Dayquil/ Zofran/codeine and Nyquil/Xanax?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of promethazine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does promethazine/Promethazine VC have codeine in it?
No, it does not contain codeine in it
Q.Does promethazine or Promethazine DM make you sleepy/ get you high/make you tired?
Promethazine may cause these side effects which are not serious. However, always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.