food interaction for PROMAL
alcohol interaction for PROMAL
pregnancy interaction for PROMAL
lactation interaction for PROMAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PROMAL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PROMALNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for PROMAL
- Take precautions to reduce the chances of being bitten by mosquitoes while on proguanil treatment.Start taking proguanil one week or at least two days before you enter the malaria area and continue to take it during your stay and for 4 weeks after leaving the malaria area.
- Take proguanil with a glass of water after meals to decrease the possibility of stomach upset.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for PROMAL
Q.Is atovaquone proguanil the same as malarone?
Atovaquone proguanil is the same as malarone
Q.Is atovaquone-proguanil an antibiotic?
Atovaquone-proguanil is not an antibiotic
Q.What is proguanil and atovaquone?
The drug combination atovaquone/ proguanil is an antimalarial medication used in both the treatment and prevention of malaria.