food interaction for PROLOL
alcohol interaction for PROLOL
pregnancy interaction for PROLOL
lactation interaction for PROLOL
Avoid Prolol 80 mg capsule tr with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PROLOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PROLOL
- BETACAP 80 MG CAPSULE TR(10 capsule tr in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.40/capsule trRs. 64pay 12% more per capsule tr
- MIGRABETA 80 MG CAPSULE TR(10 capsule tr in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.86/capsule trRs. 48.62save 15% more per capsule tr
- KIPNOL 80 MG CAPSULE TR(10 capsule tr in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 7.40/capsule trRs. 74pay 30% more per capsule tr
- OSLOL 80MG CAPSULE TR(10 capsule tr in strip)Oxford Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.62/capsule trRs. 46.16save 19% more per capsule tr
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for PROLOL
- Propranolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Propranolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Propranolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Propranolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
Frequently asked questions for PROLOL
Q.What is betacap tr, inderal, and ciplar?
These are various brand (proprietary) names for propranolol medicine. Propranolol is a beta blocker drug which works to correct the heart rhythm
Q.Is propranolol safe?
Propranolol belongs to beta blocker class and works on heart rhythm so caution has to be observed before usage. Always ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking propranolol. Propranolol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is propranolol addictive?
No. Propranolol doesn’t seem to have habit forming potential
Q.Is propranolol MAO inhibitor or a statin?
No. Propranolol belongs to a medical class called beta blockers and works to correct abnormal heart rhythm along with other uses
Q.Is propranolol safe for long term use?
Yes, it can be used for long term based on indication
Q.Is propranolol available over the counter?
No. Propranolol is available only when a valid prescription is produced
Q.Is propranolol used to treat anxiety?
Yes. Propranolol can be used to mitigate tremors associated with the anxiety
Q.Is propranolol used for migraines?
In certain situations, propranolol has proved to be effective in preventing migraine attacks but additional data is required to support this usage.