food interaction for PROHAIR
alcohol interaction for PROHAIR
pregnancy interaction for PROHAIR
lactation interaction for PROHAIR
medicine interaction for PROHAIR
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PROHAIR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PROHAIR
- FINAX 1 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 5.93/tabletRs. 178pay 1% more per tablet
- FINPECIA 1 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.80/tabletRs. 87save 2% more per tablet
- FINALO 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.10/tabletRs. 41save 31% more per tablet
- FINTROSS 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Albatross Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 4/tabletRs. 40save 32% more per tablet
- FINACET 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 3.85/tabletRs. 38.50save 35% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PROHAIR
- Do not start or continue finasteride and consult your doctor, if you have liver disease, if you have to undergo prostate specific antigen assay or if you notice breast enlargement and tenderness.
- Caution should be maintained by women, children and adolescents while handling leaking finasteride capsules, because the active ingredient can be absorbed through the skin.
- Wash the affected area immediately with soap and water if there is any contact with the skin. Use a condom during sexual intercourse.
Frequently asked questions FOR PROHAIR
Q. Is finasteride a steroid?
No, it belongs to class of medication called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Q. Is finasteride FDA approved?
Finasteride is approved by FDA. for the treatment and control of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients with an enlarged prostate and also in treatment of male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia)
Q. Is finasteride 5mg/Proscar/finasteride 1mg safe?
Finasteride 5mg/Proscar/finasteride 1 mg is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is finasteride available as over the count drug?
No, it is available as prescription drug
Q. Is finasteride is available in India?
Yes, finasteride is available in India
Q. Can I take proscar for hair loss?
No, Proscar (finasteride 5mg) is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
Q. Can finasteride regrow hair?
Finasteride (1 mg)/Propacia (1 mg) is used in the treatment of male pattern hair loss
Q. Does finasteride cause depression/infertility/weight gain/ impotence/lower testosterone/lower blood pressure/shedding?
Finasteride may cause impotence, infertility. Always follow doctor's advice regarding possible side effect.