Medicine Overview of Primigyn Injection
Side Effects of Primigyn are Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Back pain, Fetal distress, Increased uterine contractions.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection is similar to a natural substance (E2 prostaglandin) which is released in your body when labour starts. It works by opening the part of the birth canal (cervix) and causing the uterus to contract, to allow the baby through.
In Depth Information on Primigyn Injection
- Dinoprostone will be inserted into an area high up in vagina. You may be asked to remain in lying down position for 20-30 minutes to keep the medication in place.
- You may be monitored closely after administration of dinoprostone to check if the birth canal is opening, the contractions are not too strong, and to ensure the baby does not get distressed.
- Special precautions need to be taken in women over 35 years, pregnancy of more than 40 weeks and women with pregnancy related complications.
- Dinoprostone could cause an asthma attack. Inform your doctor if you are asthmatic and if you develop difficulty in breathing after the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you have an eye problem (glaucoma), fits (epilepsy), diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) in the current or any previous pregnancies, Caesarean or any uterine surgery or if you have had abnormally strong contractions during previous labor or scarring of your womb from previous labor or are taking medicines for pain and/or inflammation (e.g. aspirin).
- Dinoprostone will increase the effect of oxytocin which is used to increase the contractions of the womb. They should not be taken at the same time or close together.
Primigyn Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection is not recommended in patients with active kidney disease.
Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection is not recommended in patients with active liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Primigyn 0.5 mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Primigyn Injection
Q. What is Primigyn made from/does Primigyn work?
Primigyn is a naturally occurring substance called prostaglandin. It softens and opens the part of the birth canal known as the cervix thereby inducting the labor (a process in which the womb (uterus) starts contracting).
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Primigyn 0.5mg Injection: DLP, WAD, HIP, HPC, OLT, PLT, MAX, ESY, CMC, SNH, QLF, BBN, SSI, OBS, HSP, TAT, JIV, MIP, AVB, FRS, NLP, RTL, HBV, GPP, CZT, SOF, PWN, SAH, KHP, BAP, RWP, ANT, BGS, ANS, SCP, ATL, PNQ, OWP, RKS, PPR, GLM, KIS, WPL, APT, LHA, LMS, HTS, RVC, MDI, MTM, BRC, ARD, AFT, VDH, EPS, EAN, SNG, OMV, HAT, HCP, ZEL, VHP, AGT, RPP, ALC, RAC, NEW, MFN, ADT, YAG, VOP, GFL, GDA, BAL, USF, SLN, BKB, BTM, MKT, BSN, SDM, OWN, PHN, SPF, MDN, SMN, STS, SPV, BNA, SVH, HGI, WDE, EEC, VTR, MTD, SDE, IAD, PEN, ZPR, KIM, GLD, SPD, SIO, DHP, DGN, NPH, MBP, PVP, MLC, DAO, STA, KLC, RUS, HTV, CTP, NWP, HEX, JHC, SMS, NDP, BLE, AMM, VVN, WSI, SBL, KHD, NFP, DPL, BMJ, PNT, SAA, RRP, BLS, MRS, CLT, AYU, IMC, HWS, GMA, MKS, SBA, RHL, UMP, THP, DFP, MAM, FGH, WHP, AAY, BBS, SRG, BDI, SHN, SVS, BIO, NVY, TSS, SHD, AXM, TAP, JSL, SLC, ENP, DVH, EQN, BSL, SAF, NTB, OIP, HSM, CMD, RPI, PSE, IPL, RDR, DHR, MOM, SHG, KMC, PTI, LHP, 9MM, DZY, GGL, HLT, NSL, LIP, VSC, BNC, 4IT, SBN, GHR, RHS, JVN, NPS, HNP, GEO, NLG, SWA, AGP, BHS, 1MH, GBL, PHC, MJT, MAP, AVS, SYN, TOM, SSS, MDO, KHC, PTP, AMH, MSD, BHP, RPA, BHM, DYL, AVL, BJP, AHP, VNS, ALY, DRA, XMX, PSF, SJP, RDH, GPT, BHA, ASP, NXG, PRC, JBT, EMB, JJE, PRL, AYN, FIP, BJR, KHH, SWP, NAS, ZVP, APS, WHL, NEO, RSA, SGH, ABP, EVP, VJS, FRM, KAL, UPA, NTL, INC, QTM, SHC, UVD, KNH, PRT, GNC, PMA, JVO, VRS, AYM, DLY, TNH, MKE, RYL, BNT, DYG, UHP, AMR, NVL, HPP, DPP, LCC, NXT, SGC, SCH, PRN, VSL, MDH, IPP, CPK, ATP, CRN, GTC, BLP, NNP, NLC, AAA, ANP, USM, RHW, AAR, RWL, OHM, RGH, HZF, HMP