Medicine Overview of Primigyn Injection
Uses of Primigyn Injection
Primigyn 0.5mg Injection is used in cervical ripening and induction of labour.
Side effects of Primigyn Injection
Increased uterine contractions.
How to use Primigyn Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Primigyn Injection works
Primigyn 0.5mg injection is similar to a naturally occurring substance called as prostaglandin. It softens and opens the part of the womb known as the cervix thereby inducing the labor.
In Depth Information on Primigyn Injection
Expert advice for Primigyn Injection
- Dinoprostone will be inserted into an area high up in vagina. You may be asked to remain in lying down position for 20-30 minutes to keep the medication in place.
- You may be monitored closely after administration of dinoprostone to check if the birth canal is opening, the contractions are not too strong, and to ensure the baby does not get distressed.
- Special precautions need to be taken in women over 35 years, pregnancy of more than 40 weeks and women with pregnancy related complications.
- Dinoprostone could cause an asthma attack. Inform your doctor if you are asthmatic and if you develop difficulty in breathing after the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you have an eye problem (glaucoma), fits (epilepsy), diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) in the current or any previous pregnancies, Caesarean or any uterine surgery or if you have had abnormally strong contractions during previous labor or scarring of your womb from previous labor or are taking medicines for pain and/or inflammation (e.g. aspirin).
- Dinoprostone will increase the effect of oxytocin which is used to increase the contractions of the womb. They should not be taken at the same time or close together.
Special precautions for Primigyn 0.5mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Primigyn 0.5mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Primigyn 0.5mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Primigyn 0.5mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Primigy+more
n 0.5mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Dinoprostone, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Primigyn 0.5mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Dinoprostone
Primigyn is a naturally occurring substance called prostaglandin. It softens and opens the part of the birth canal known as the cervix thereby inducting the labor (a process in which the womb (uterus) starts contracting).
Substitutes for Primigyn
No substitutes found for this medicine