food interaction for PRIMIGYN
alcohol interaction for PRIMIGYN
pregnancy interaction for PRIMIGYN
lactation interaction for PRIMIGYN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRIMIGYN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PRIMIGYNNo substitutes found
- Dr. Beena MukteshMBBS, Diploma, DNB, MD
- Dr. Aruna KalraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sabhyata GuptaMBBS, Diploma, MD
- Dr. Anjali BuggaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Suman YadavMBBS, Diploma, DHM
Expert advice for PRIMIGYN
- Dinoprostone will be inserted into an area high up in vagina. You may be asked to remain in lying down position for 20-30 minutes to keep the medication in place.
- You may be monitored closely after administration of dinoprostone to check if the birth canal is opening, the contractions are not too strong, and to ensure the baby does not get distressed.
- Special precautions need to be taken in women over 35 years, pregnancy of more than 40 weeks and women with pregnancy related complications.
- Dinoprostone could cause an asthma attack. Inform your doctor if you are asthmatic and if you develop difficulty in breathing after the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you have an eye problem (glaucoma), fits (epilepsy), diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) in the current or any previous pregnancies, Caesarean or any uterine surgery or if you have had abnormally strong contractions during previous labor or scarring of your womb from previous labor or are taking medicines for pain and/or inflammation (e.g. aspirin).
- Dinoprostone will increase the effect of oxytocin which is used to increase the contractions of the womb. They should not be taken at the same time or close together.
Frequently asked questions for PRIMIGYN
Q.What is dinoprostone made from/does dinoprostone work?
Dinoprostone is a naturally occurring substance called prostaglandin. It softens and opens the part of the birth canal known as the cervix thereby inducting the labor (a process in which the womb (uterus) starts contracting).