Medicine Overview of Primigyn Gel
Uses of Primigyn Gel
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel is used in cervical ripening and induction of labour.
How to use Primigyn Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
In Depth Information on Primigyn Gel
Expert advice for Primigyn Gel
- During dinoprostone topical administration, you may be asked to remain in lying down position for 20-30 minutes to keep the medication in place. Your doctor may decide to give a second dose of medicine if contractions are not strong enough.
- You may be monitored closely after administration of dinoprostone topical to check if the birth canal is opening, the contractions are not too strong and to ensure the baby does not get distressed.
- Inform your doctor if you are asthmatic and if you develop difficulty in breathing after the medication, as dinoprostone topical could cause an asthma attack.
- Inform your doctor if you have an eye problem (glaucoma), fits (epilepsy), diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) in the current or any previous pregnancies, have undergone caesarean or any uterine surgery or if you have had abnormally strong contractions or scarring of your womb during previous labor or are taking medicines for pain and/or inflammation (e.g. aspirin).
- Do not use if you are allergic to dinoprostone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have severe heart, lung, kidney or liver disease.
- Do not use if you had a caesarean section, major surgery of the womb or have had six full-term pregnancies.
- Do not use by the patients in whom the size of the baby’s head is too large or there is evidence that baby is short of oxygen (fetal distress).
- Do not use by the patients in whom the baby is not in the correct position in the womb, to be born naturally or waters have broken or the placenta is obstructing the birth canal.
- Do not use if you have a history of difficult labor in a previous pregnancy or existing untreated infection of womb, ovaries or tubes (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Do not use if you have unexplained bleeding from vagina during pregnancy.
- Children and elderly must not use.
Special precautions for Primigyn 0.5mg Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Primigyn 0.5mg Gel may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Primigyn 0.5mg Gel is not recommended in patients with active kidney disease....
Use of Primigyn 0.5mg Gel is not recommended in patients with active kidney disease.
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Primigyn 0.5mg Gel may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Primigyn 0.5mg Gel is not recommended in patients with active liver disease....
Use of Primigyn 0.5mg Gel is not recommended in patients with active liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Dinoprostone Topical, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Primigyn 0.5mg Gel
Frequently asked questions for Dinoprostone Topical
Q. What is dinoprostone topical made from/does dinoprostone work?
Dinoprostone is a naturally occurring substance called prostaglandin. It softens and opens the part of the birth canal known as the cervix thereby inducting the labor (a process in which the womb starts contracting).
User Submitted Feedback For Primigyn 0.5mg Gel
What are you using this medicine for?
Induction of labour
Substitutes for Primigyn Gel
Dinost 0.5mg Gel
Neon Laboratories Ltd
₹81.0/gm of Gel