food interaction for PRIMIGYN
alcohol interaction for PRIMIGYN
pregnancy interaction for PRIMIGYN
lactation interaction for PRIMIGYN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRIMIGYN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PRIMIGYN
- CERVIPRIME 0.5MG GEL(3 GM gel in tube)Astra ZenecaRs. 86.83/GM of gelRs. 260.50pay 10% more per GM of gel
- DINOST 0.5MG GEL(3 GM gel in tube)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 81/GM of gelRs. 243pay 3% more per GM of gel
- Dr. Urvashi RatheeMBBS, MD
- Dr. Aruna KalraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Veena BhatMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Nitika GuptaMBBS, Diploma, DNB
- Dr. Suman YadavMBBS, Diploma, DHM
Expert advice for PRIMIGYN
- During dinoprostone topical administration, you may be asked to remain in lying down position for 20-30 minutes to keep the medication in place. Your doctor may decide to give a second dose of medicine if contractions are not strong enough.
- You may be monitored closely after administration of dinoprostone topical to check if the birth canal is opening, the contractions are not too strong and to ensure the baby does not get distressed.
- Inform your doctor if you are asthmatic and if you develop difficulty in breathing after the medication, as dinoprostone topical could cause an asthma attack.
- Inform your doctor if you have an eye problem (glaucoma), fits (epilepsy), diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) in the current or any previous pregnancies, have undergone caesarean or any uterine surgery or if you have had abnormally strong contractions or scarring of your womb during previous labor or are taking medicines for pain and/or inflammation (e.g. aspirin).
- Do not use if you are allergic to dinoprostone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have severe heart, lung, kidney or liver disease.
- Do not use if you had a caesarean section, major surgery of the womb or have had six full-term pregnancies.
- Do not use by the patients in whom the size of the baby’s head is too large or there is evidence that baby is short of oxygen (fetal distress).
- Do not use by the patients in whom the baby is not in the correct position in the womb, to be born naturally or waters have broken or the placenta is obstructing the birth canal.
- Do not use if you have a history of difficult labor in a previous pregnancy or existing untreated infection of womb, ovaries or tubes (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Do not use if you have unexplained bleeding from vagina during pregnancy.
- Children and elderly must not use.
Frequently asked questions for PRIMIGYN
Q.What is dinoprostone topical made from/does dinoprostone work?
Dinoprostone is a naturally occurring substance called prostaglandin. It softens and opens the part of the birth canal known as the cervix thereby inducting the labor (a process in which the womb starts contracting).