food interaction for PRIMACIP
alcohol interaction for PRIMACIP
pregnancy interaction for PRIMACIP
lactation interaction for PRIMACIP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRIMACIP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PRIMACIP
- PMQ INGA 7.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Inga Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2.22/tabletRs. 22.16save 26% more per tablet
- LEOPRIME FORTE 7.5MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Leo PharmaceuticalsRs. 4.69/tabletRs. 65.65pay 56% more per tablet
- PRIMARID 7.5MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 2.21/tabletRs. 15.47save 26% more per tablet
- R C VAX 7.5MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Unicure India Pvt LtdRs. 2.08/tabletRs. 29.10save 31% more per tablet
- LEOPRIME 7.5MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Leo PharmaceuticalsRs. 2.72/tabletRs. 38.10save 9% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for PRIMACIP
- You may undergo blood examinations particularly blood counts, hemoglobin determination during your treatment with primaquine.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following: heart disease, low potassium in the blood (hypokalemia) and/or low magnesium in the blood (hypomagnesemia).
- Do not take the given dose of primaquine for >14 days.
- Do not take along with drugs which are known to cause disordered electrical activity of heart (QT prolongation).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for PRIMACIP
Q.Is primaquine a sulfa drug/does primaquine contain sulfa?
No. Primaquine is neither a sulfa drug nor contain sulfa
Q.Is primaquine safe?
Primaquine is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is primaquine a prodrug?
Derivatives of primaquine are available in prodrug form, after metabolism primaquine gets converted into carboxyprimaquine
Q.What is primaquine phosphate used for/ what does primaquine treat?
Primaquine is used to treat and prevent repeated occurrence of symptoms of malaria
Q.Why is primaquine given with clindamycin?
Primaquine and clindamycin are given together for the treatment of Pneumocystis pneumonia
Q.Why is primaquine given in falciparum malaria?
Primaquine is active against primary erythrocytic stage of malarial parasite called Plasmodium falciparum, so it is given in falciparum malaria
Q.Does primaquine treat chlamydia?
No. Primaquine is specifically used in the treatment of malaria and Pneumocystis pneumonia. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.