food interaction for PRESTIQ
alcohol interaction for PRESTIQ
pregnancy interaction for PRESTIQ
lactation interaction for PRESTIQ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRESTIQ
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PRESTIQ 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking PRESTIQ 50 MG TABLET
- 67%Once A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PRESTIQ
- DVENIZ 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.30/tabletRs. 113save 14% more per tablet
- MDD XR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 10.70/tabletRs. 107save 19% more per tablet
- VENTAB DXT 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.10/tabletRs. 111save 16% more per tablet
- ZYVEN OD 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 9.59/tabletRs. 95.90save 27% more per tablet
- NEWVEN OD 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.10/tabletRs. 91save 31% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PRESTIQ
- Do not start or continue desvenlafaxine, in any form if you are allergic to desvenlafaxine or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not take desvenlafaxine, if you have fever, muscle stiffness or tremor, changes in your mental state like confusion, irritability and extreme agitation (serotonin syndrome or neuroleptic malignant syndrome).
- Avoid taking desvenlafaxine, if you have any respiratory problem; seizure or epilepsy; suicidal tendencies; or mania.
- Do not suddenly withdraw or discontinue therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking desvenlafaxine in any form.
- Do not take this drug, if you are using antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have been taking them within the previous two weeks.
- Desvenlafaxine can cause drowsiness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for PRESTIQ
Q.Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q.Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.