food interaction for PRESTIQ
alcohol interaction for PRESTIQ
pregnancy interaction for PRESTIQ
lactation interaction for PRESTIQ
medicine interaction for PRESTIQ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PRESTIQ
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PRESTIQ
- DVENIZ 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 19.50/tabletRs. 195save 18% more per tablet
- MDD-XR 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 19.70/tabletRs. 197save 17% more per tablet
- VENTAB DXT 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 20.90/tabletRs. 209save 12% more per tablet
- ZYVEN OD 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 20.06/tabletRs. 200.60save 16% more per tablet
- NEXVENLA OD 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 17.50/tabletRs. 175save 27% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PRESTIQ
- Take Desvenlafaxine only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Desvenlafaxine at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Desvenlafaxine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Desvenlafaxine should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking
as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Desvenlafaxine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Desvenlafaxine may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Desvenlafaxine causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently asked questions FOR PRESTIQ
Q. Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q. Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.