food interaction for PRASUREL
alcohol interaction for PRASUREL
pregnancy interaction for PRASUREL
lactation interaction for PRASUREL
medicine interaction for PRASUREL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PRASUREL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR PRASUREL 10 MG TABLET
Patients taking PRASUREL 10 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR PRASUREL
- PRAX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 20.30/tabletRs. 203pay 71% more per tablet
- PRASITA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 19.75/tabletRs. 197.50pay 66% more per tablet
- PRASUDOC 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 13.20/tabletRs. 132pay 11% more per tablet
- EFIPLAT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 17.50/tabletRs. 175pay 47% more per tablet
- PRASUVAS 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 19.65/tabletRs. 196.50pay 65% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PRASUREL
- If you had a recent or recurrent bleeding from the stomach or intestines.
- If your body weight is less than 60 kg.
- If you have renal (kidney) disease or moderate liver problems.
- If you are having planned surgery (including some dental procedures) in the next seven days.
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this drug.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (heparin, warfarin), apixaban, dabigatran, desirudin, fibrinolytic agents (alteplase), NSAIDs (ibuprofen), rivaroxaban, or other medicines to prevent or treat blood clots because the risk of bleeding may be increased.
Frequently asked questions FOR PRASUREL
Q. Is prasugrel generic for Effient?
Yes, prasugrel is generic name and Effient is brand name
Q. Is prasugrel FDA approved?
Prasugrel is approved by FDA. It is used along with aspirin to prevent serious or life-threatening problems with the heart and blood vessels in people who have had a heart attack or severe chest pain and have been treated with angioplasty (procedure to open the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart)
Q. Is prasugrel a prodrug?
Yes, it is a prodrug
Q. Is prasugrel a beta blocker?
No, it belongs to a class of medications called anti-platelet drugs
Q. is prasugrel a blood thinner?
Yes, it is a blood thinner
Q. Can I take prasugrel/Effient with Tylenol/ibuprofen/ Viagra/acetaminophen/naproxen/Nexium (esomeprazole)/ Prilosec (omeprazole)/Celebrex (celecoxib)?
Increase risk of bleeding is observed with ibuprofen, naproxen, acetaminophen, Celebrix (celecoxib). No clinically observable drug interaction is seen with Tylenol, Viagra and Prilosec (omeprazole). Patients should follow doctor's advice for its use
Q. Why is prasugrel contraindicated in stroke?
It is contraindicated because of increased risk of bleeding
Q. Does prasugrel affect INR?
Prasugrel doesn't affect INR but may increase the risk of bleeding in patients with elevated INR
Q. What is prasugrel?
Prasugrel is belongs to a class of medications called anti-platelet medications
Q. What is it used for?
It is used along with aspirin to prevent serious or life-threatening problems with the heart and blood vessels in people who have had a heart attack or severe chest pain and have been treated with angioplasty (procedure to open the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart).