food interaction for PRADIL
alcohol interaction for PRADIL
pregnancy interaction for PRADIL
lactation interaction for PRADIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRADIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PRADILNo substitutes found
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for PRADIL
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: heart failure, Brugada syndrome (a genetic heart condition, especially a certain heart rhythm disorder), sick sinus syndrome or AV block severe, low blood pressure, severe or uncontrolled electrolyte imbalance or severe COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- You may be monitored with electrocardiograph or ECG before and during treatment with propafenone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms of dehydration such as vomiting or diarrhea, extreme thirst, loss of appetite, or unusual sweating.
- Do not stop taking propafenone without consulting your doctor as your heartbeat may become irregular if you suddenly stop taking propafenone.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as propafenone can cause blurred vision, dizziness, tiredness and low blood pressure.
Frequently asked questions for PRADIL
Q.Is propafenone a beta blocker/ blood thinner/ narcotic/statin/generic drug?
Propafenone is not beta blocker, blood thinner, narcotic or statin. It is a generic drug
Q.Does propafenone affect blood pressure/make you tired?
Propafenone may cause low blood pressure and make you feel tired
Q.Does propafenone cause weight gain/hair loss?
Propafenone does not cause weight gain or hair loss
Q.Can I take ibuprofen with Rythmol?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Rythmol (propafenone). But always consult your doctor before taking any medication with Propafenone
Q.Does propafenone prolong QT interval?
Propafenone doesn't prolong QT interval.