food interaction for POVICLEAN
alcohol interaction for POVICLEAN
pregnancy interaction for POVICLEAN
lactation interaction for POVICLEAN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for POVICLEAN
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for POVICLEAN
- SEPTIGARD 1%/5% OINTMENT(15 GM ointment in tube)Vanguard Therapeutics Pvt LtdRs. 4.44/GM of ointmentRs. 66.56pay 113% more per GM of ointment
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for POVICLEAN
- Take these tablets without crushing during or just after a meal with water.
- Consult your doctor before using metronidazole if you have liver disease, nervous disorders or if you are undergoing kidney dialysis.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medicines such as warfarin (and other blood-thinners), astemizole, lithium, phenytoin, phenobarbital, disulfiram and vitamins.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to metronidazole or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take alcohol while taking this medicine as it may lead to headaches, upset stomach, vomiting, stomach cramps, sweating and flushing (redness of the face).
- Do not drive or operate heavy medicine after taking the medicine as it may temporarily cause dizziness and problems in vision.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses or apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun as this drug may increase the sensitivity to sunlight.
Frequently asked questions for POVICLEAN
Q.Is metronidazole safe?
Yes, metronidazole is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is metronidazole?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic
Q.Is it antibiotic or pain killer?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic and not pain killer
Q.What it is used for?
It is used for infections of the dental cavity, ears, sinus, throat, lungs, stomach, intestine, brain and bones
Q.Is metronidazole same as Flagyl?
Yes. Flagyl is a branded medicine containing metronidazole
Q.Does metronidazole cure STDs or yeast infections?
Metronidazole cures genital infections like bacterial vaginosis and gonorrhea. It does not cure chlamydia or vaginal yeast infections
Q.Does metronidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of metronidazole affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking metronidazole
Q.Is metronidazole an OTC product?
No, metronidazole is not an OTC product
Q.Can metronidazole cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or irregular monthly periods?
Metronidazole may cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or upset stomach. However, there is no evidence of metronidazole affecting monthly periods. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q.Is povidone iodine the same as betadine?
Yes. Betadine is the brand (proprietary) name of povidone iodine
Q.Is povidone iodine the same as iodine or iodine tincture?
No. Povidone iodine is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action
Q.Does povidone iodine kill yeast, bacteria or fungus?
Yes. Povidone iodine being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms
Q.Does povidone iodine burn, stain, sting or hurt?
Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly
Q.Is povidone iodine safe?
Povidone iodine is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as directed by doctor
Q.Does povidone iodine contain alcohol?
No. Povidone iodine is stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine
Q.Does povidone iodine stain teeth?
Povidone iodine should be used externally. It should not be used on teeth.