Medicine Overview of Posmo Tablet
Posmo 60 mg Tablet is used for osteoporosis
. It treats and prevents osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
Side Effects of Posmo are Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Breast tenderness, Leg cramps, Rash, Abdominal pain, Flu-like symptoms, Dyspepsia, Breast pain.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Posmo 60 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Posmo 60 mg Tablet works like estrogen, a natural female hormone to stop the bone loss that can develop in women after menopause.
In Depth Information on Posmo Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have if you have any type of cancer, heart failure, kidney disease, high triglycerides or liver disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are on estrogen therapy.
- Do not take calcium supplements unless advised by doctor. Taking calcium supplements more than recommended will not provide extra protection for your bones but may cause adverse side effects including kidney stones.
- Stop using raloxifene immediately if you develop: lumps in the breast, signs of stroke (sudden numbness or weakness), severe headache, slurred speech, vision problems; chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood; or pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs.
- Avoid sitting still for long periods of time while you are taking raloxifene.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you observe bleeding / spotting from vagina during the treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Posmo Tablet related warnings
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Posmo 60 mg Tablet.
Posmo 60 mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Posmo 60 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Posmo 60 mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Posmo 60 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Posmo 60 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Posmo 60 mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Posmo 60 mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Posmo Tablet
Q. Is Posmo a bisphosphonate?
No, Posmo is not a biophosphonate
It is safe if used for the dose and duration as recommended by your doctor
Q. Is Posmo a hormone/steroid?
No, It's not a hormone/steroid however at times it mimics activity of estrogen
Q. Is raloxifene better than tamoxifen?
It has been observed that tamoxifen is slightly more effective in prevention of breast cancer in post-menopausal women that raloxifene, however raloxifene also plays a role in treating or preventing osteoporosis
Q. Does Posmo cause weight gain/ hot flushes?
Yes, Use of Posmo may cause weight gain or hot flushes
Q. Does Posmo cause hair loss?
No, Posmo does not cause hair loss
Q. Does Posmo lower cholesterol?
No. Posmo does not lower cholesterol
Q. How does Posmo work / treat in osteoporosis?
It works by reducing the loss of bone tissue and acting on the bone cycle.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Posmo 60mg Tablet: NTL, ESY, ZVP, GBL, BDN, SRG, STS, IAD, 9MM, BHA, MSD, JSL, EEC, MKS, RGH, NAS, NDP, DRA, UMP, INC, DZY, PTP, 1MH, TSS, DLP, EAN, BAP, IMC, KLC, ABP, USF, TRP, RDH, ENP, WSI, EMB, SCH, DPL, GDA, KHH, RDR, OIP, SVS, PMA, FRM, VOP, TAT, BNT, ALC, SAF, PRL, RPP, HBV, KMC, VTR, MAM, AVL, NTB, TOM, BSN, QLF, SDM, SBL, BAL, ZPR, GMA, MKT, BLS, NEO, HEX, GTK, KHD, WPL, STA, SWT, PPR, BDI, BLE, NVY, SHD, BBS, HMP, RHW, BBN, CHP, BGS, DFP, OBS, QTM, PHN, AYN, DYL, DGN, KNH, MLC, ARD, JHC, SPD, SSS, IPL, EPS, UHP, VSL, MAK, HTS, BNA, SWP, AVS, HPC, EQN, CRN, AAR, THP, DPP, AWS, MDO, PVP, SJP, BMJ, HPP, RHL, RSA, VSC, SYN, HSM, MAX, XMX, AFT, DHR, RWP, SNH, GTC, MDH, CLT, DHP, BHS, KHC, ATP, PRC, HWI, ATL, KIS, LHP, NXG, APS, VJS, GNC, ANP, SSA, HNP, RKS, SGC, RSS, HCP, BIO, VRS, AAY, SDE, PNT, AYU, SBA, AGT, JIV, DYG, SCP, SVH, ASP, JJE, VHP, SLN, OLT, LMS, AYM, SNG, OHM, NVL, RPI, GPP, HIP, BLP, HZF, SWA, 4IT, BHM, HAT, PLT, FGH, CMC, HLT, LCC, VNS, UVD, BRC, ZEL, PTI, JVO, WAD, GLM, SSI, PHC, DVH, NNP, SMS, MAP, AVB, OWP, RUS, JVN, PWN, HGI, SMN, BTM, HSP, YMI, BHP, WHL, LHA, BJP, PRN, GHR, CPK, GPT, JBT, AMR, AXM, NSL, EVP, VDH, MBP, MPC, SHC, SGH, TFP, GEO, GLD, ANT, PRT, DAO, AMH