food interaction for POLYMONAX
alcohol interaction for POLYMONAX
pregnancy interaction for POLYMONAX
lactation interaction for POLYMONAX
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR POLYMONAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR POLYMONAX
- COLIST 1000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1361.28/injectionRs. 1361.28pay 227% more per injection
- ICL 1000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 790/injectionRs. 790pay 90% more per injection
- XYLOMONAS 1000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 836.35/injectionRs. 836.35pay 101% more per injection
- WOCKSTIN 1000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 468.75/injectionRs. 468.75pay 13% more per injection
- NEOLISTIM 1000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 891/injectionRs. 891pay 114% more per injection
Expert advice FOR POLYMONAX
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR POLYMONAX
Q. Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q. Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q. Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.