Substitutes for POLPROTEC
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE
Uses of POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE
Polprotec prefilled syringe is used to prevent polio.
How to use POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE
Your doctor or nurse will use this device to give medicine. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this device at home.
How POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE works
Polprotec prefilled syringe is a vaccine.It helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness, but it does stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies to protect against any future infections.
In Depth Information on POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE
Expert advice for POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE
- Ensure that you take further booster doses of polio vaccine after every 5 years in children and after 10 years in adults.
- Inform your doctor before vaccination if you have blood clotting disorder or high grade fever or any acute illness as your vaccination may have to be postponed until you recover.
- Tell your doctor if you are currently taking any immunosuppressant or if you are infected with disease that affects your immune system.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to polio vaccine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having low platelet count.
- Do not take if suffering with high grade fever or acute illness.
Special precautions for POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Polprotec prefilled syringe may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Polprotec prefilled syringe is probably safe to use during b+more
reastfeeding. Please consult your doctor....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
BEETAL TABLET, EMGARD 30MG TABLET, DECMAX 4MG TABLET, TACSANT 0.5MG CAPSULE
If you miss a dose of Polio Vaccine, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for POLPROTEC NA PREFILLED SYRINGE
Frequently asked questions for Polio Vaccine
Q. Is polio vaccine necessary?
Yes, polio virus attacks the nervous system causing paralysis, especially of lower limbs. Polio vaccine provides protection against this virus
Q. Does polio vaccine causes cancer, polio or autism?
No, it is not known to cause cancer or autism. It offers protection against polio
Q. Does polio vaccine cause fever, pain or result in scar?
Polio vaccine may cause temporary fever or pain at injection site. It does leave any scar at injection site.
User Submitted Feedback For POLPROTEC NA PREFILLED SYRINGE
Patients taking POLPROTEC PREFILLED SYRINGE
Once A Day