food interaction for POLARAMINE
alcohol interaction for POLARAMINE
pregnancy interaction for POLARAMINE
lactation interaction for POLARAMINE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for POLARAMINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for POLARAMINENo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for POLARAMINE
- Do not dexchlorpheniramine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to dexchlorpheniramine or any of the other ingredients of dexchlorpheniramine tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking dexchlorpheniramine if you have fits (epilepsy); enlarged prostate; increased pressure in the eye that cause visual problems (glaucoma); heart disease; liver disease; lung disease; or an overactive thyroid gland.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking dexchlorpheniramine because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions for POLARAMINE
Q.Does dexchlorpheniramine or dexchlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Dexchlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Is dexchlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, dexchlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl
Q.Is dexchlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Can I take dexchlorpheniramine with Panadol/cetirizine/Zyrtec/Allegra/ warfarin/diphenhydramine/ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of dexchlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.