food interaction for PNEUMO 23
alcohol interaction for PNEUMO 23
pregnancy interaction for PNEUMO 23
lactation interaction for PNEUMO 23
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PNEUMO 23
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PNEUMO 23 INJECTION
Patients taking PNEUMO 23 INJECTION
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PNEUMO 23
- PNEUMOVAX 23 INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1495/ML of injectionRs. 1495pay 31% more per ML of injection
- PULMOVAX 23 INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 1365/ML of injectionRs. 1365pay 19% more per ML of injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PNEUMO 23
- Tell your doctor if you have human immunodeficiency virus infection or acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS), sickle cell disease, kidney disease, history of organ or bone marrow transplant or are receiving chemotherapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are receiving chemotherapy.
- Ensure to inform your doctor if you have received a pneumococcal vaccine within the past 3 to 5 years as a second dose can be given 5 years after the first dose.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Children <2 years.
Frequently asked questions for PNEUMO 23
Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine
Q.When is pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine given?
Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine is given in between the age of 2 to 65. In certain cases when a second dose is recommended, it should be given 5 years after the first dose. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding dosing schedule.