food interaction for PMX
alcohol interaction for PMX
pregnancy interaction for PMX
lactation interaction for PMX
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PMX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PMX
- HOPSTIN 1MIU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Micro Labs LtdRs. 505.95/ML of injectionRs. 505.95save 14% more per ML of injection
- SUDOSTAR 1MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 767.50/injectionRs. 767.50pay 31% more per injection
- POLYMXE 1MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 769.93/injectionRs. 769.93pay 31% more per injection
- MYXITIN 1MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)La Renon Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 749.52/injectionRs. 749.52pay 28% more per injection
- HICOLY 1 MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 794.28/injectionRs. 794.28pay 35% more per injection
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for PMX
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for PMX
Q.Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q.Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q.Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.