Medicine Overview of Plite Tablet
Uses of Plite Tablet
Plite Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of Plite Tablet
Rash, Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Photosensitivity, Urticaria, Haemolytic anemia, Diarrhoea.
How to use Plite Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Plite Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Plite Tablet works
Plite tablet is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Plite Tablet
Expert advice for Plite Tablet
- Do not take demeclocycline with milk or food products derived from milk.
- Do not take iron and calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after taking democlocycline.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as demeclocycline may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Exercise caution while taking demeclocycline if you suffer from myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness) or have liver or kidney disorder.
- Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sucrose or lactose.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other drugs like penicillin, methoxyflurane, oral contraceptives, or if you have taken oral typhoid vaccine recently.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as demeclocycline causes headache, dizziness and visual disturbances.
- Do not give to Patients who are allergic to tetracycline class of antibiotics, demeclocycline or to any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to patients with severe kidney or liver problems.
- Do not give to patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (a condition characterized by a rash especially on the face, hair loss, fever, malaise and joint pain).
- Do not give to children under 12 years old.
- Avoid if patients is Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Do not give to patients with acute porphyria (disorder involving abnormal metabolism of the haemoglobin)
Special precautions for Plite Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Plite Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Plite Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limi+more
ted human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Plite Tablet can cause headaches, dizziness, and disturbances in vision and rarely, with hearing and this may affect your ability to drive....
Plite Tablet can cause headaches, dizziness, and disturbances in vision and rarely, with hearing and this may affect your ability to drive.
Plite Tablet should be used with caution in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Dose adjustment of Plite Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Plite Tablet should be used with caution in patients with li+more
ver disease. Dose adjustment of Plite Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Barbinol 20mg/5ml Syrup, Sucramal Suspension, Gardenal 30mg Tablet, Sufrate O Suspension
Frequently asked questions for Plite NA Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Demeclocycline
It appears that Plite takes 3-4 hours to work and half of the drug is eliminated in 12 hours.
Substitutes for Plite
No substitutes found for this medicine