Substitutes for Plermin
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of Plermin Gel
Uses of Plermin Gel
Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel is used in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers.
Side effects of Plermin Gel
How to use Plermin Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Plermin Gel works
Plermin 0.01% w/v gel works by releasing a growth factor that causes skin regeneration in diabetic foot ulcer.
In Depth Information on Plermin Gel
Expert advice for Plermin Gel
- Inform your doctor before using the medicine if you are suffering from any type of cancer or had a history of cancer or is suffering from poor blood supply to limbs.
- Do not use any other creams, gels, or ointments at the site of the wound and do not use in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not stop using becaplermin without your doctor’s advice. It may take several weeks for becaplermin to work.
- Becaplermin should be used with extreme caution in children less than 16 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel should be used with caution during lac+more
tation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel alters the abi+more
lity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel is safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Becaplermin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel
User Submitted Feedback For Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel
Patients taking Plermin 0.01% w/v Gel
Once A Day