Substitutes for PLATIPAR INJECTION
PLATIN 10MG INJECTION
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3.91/ML of injection
CISTEEN 10MG INJECTION
Vhb Life Sciences Inc
₹4.07/ML of injection
ONCOPLATIN AQ 10MG INJECTION
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹4.38/ML of injection
PLATINEX 10MG INJECTION
Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹6.43/ML of injection
CIZCAN 10MG INJECTION
Neon Laboratories Ltd
₹7.74/ML of injection
Medicine Overview of PLATIPAR INJECTION
Side effects of PLATIPAR INJECTION
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Anemia, Reduced blood platelets, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use PLATIPAR INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How PLATIPAR INJECTION works
Platipar 10mg injection works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on PLATIPAR INJECTION
Expert advice for PLATIPAR INJECTION
- You must undergo hearing test prior to each treatment with cisplatin.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any infection, nervous disorder or if you have received radiation therapy to your head.
- Special care should be taken while taking cisplatin as spillage of cisplatin in skin can cause tissue damage.
- Avoid simultaneous use of medicines (or radiation) that obstructs the bone marrow function as it can enhance the side effects of cisplatin on the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially for cancer, infection, recurrent fits, gout, as these medicines and cisplatin may not be safe when taken together.
- Avoid receiving any vaccine when on treatment with cisplatin.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cisplatin may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for PLATIPAR 10MG INJECTION
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Platipar 10mg injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Platipar 10mg injection is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Patients should not drive or operate machinery if they get affected with undesirable symptoms.
Contraindicated in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Cisplatin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for PLATIPAR 10MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Cisplatin
Q. Is cisplatin polar?
Cisplatin is a polar molecule
Q. Is cisplatin light sensitive?
Yes, cisplatin is light sensitive and must be stored properly.
Q. Is cisplatin a radiosensitizer or vesicant?
Cisplatin is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Q. Does cisplatin cause hair loss, weight gain, infertility, neuropathy, hearing loss or hiccups?
Cisplatin can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain