food interaction for PLATINEX
alcohol interaction for PLATINEX
pregnancy interaction for PLATINEX
lactation interaction for PLATINEX
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PLATINEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PLATINEX
- CISPLAT 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 9.47/ML of injectionRs. 94.71pay 47% more per ML of injection
- KEMOPLAT 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Fresenius Kabi India Pvt LtdRs. 8.40/ML of injectionRs. 84pay 31% more per ML of injection
- CYTOPLATIN 10MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 4.65/ML of injectionRs. 93save 28% more per ML of injection
- CELPLAT 10MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 94/injectionRs. 94pay 1362% more per injection
- PLATIN 10 MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.91/ML of injectionRs. 78.22save 39% more per ML of injection
Expert advice for PLATINEX
- You must undergo hearing test prior to each treatment with cisplatin.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any infection, nervous disorder or if you have received radiation therapy to your head.
- Special care should be taken while taking cisplatin as spillage of cisplatin in skin can cause tissue damage.
- Avoid simultaneous use of medicines (or radiation) that obstructs the bone marrow function as it can enhance the side effects of cisplatin on the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially for cancer, infection, recurrent fits, gout, as these medicines and cisplatin may not be safe when taken together.
- Avoid receiving any vaccine when on treatment with cisplatin.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cisplatin may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for PLATINEX
Q.Is cisplatin a radiosensitizer or vesicant?
Cisplatin is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Q.Is cisplatin polar?
Cisplatin is a polar molecule
Q.Does cisplatin cause hair loss, weight gain, infertility, neuropathy, hearing loss or hiccups?
Cisplatin can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain
Q.Is cisplatin light sensitive?
Yes, cisplatin is light sensitive and must be stored properly.