food interaction for PIXIT
alcohol interaction for PIXIT
pregnancy interaction for PIXIT
lactation interaction for PIXIT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PIXIT
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PIXIT 5MG/5ML SYRUP
Patients taking PIXIT 5MG/5ML SYRUP
- 87%Once A Day
- 9%Twice A Day
- 2%Twice A Week
- 2%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PIXIT
- GERBISA L 5 MG/5ML SYRUP(120 ML syrup in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.10/ML of syrupRs. 132pay 47% more per ML of syrup
- PICSUL 5 MG/5 ML SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Mission Research Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.72/ML of syrupRs. 72save 4% more per ML of syrup
- GALDOM SP SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Cerspin Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 0.54/ML of syrupRs. 53.91save 28% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for PIXIT
- Together with Sodium Picosulfate, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Sodium Picosulfate for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Sodium Picosulfate after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Sodium Picosulfate should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
Frequently asked questions for PIXIT
Q.Is sodium picosulfate safe?
Yes. Sodium picosulfate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is sodium picosulfate a sulfa drug?
No. Sodium picosulfate is used to provide relief from constipation. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of sodium picosulfate is different from sulfa drugs
Q.What is sodium picosulfate?
Sodium picosulfate belongs to a class of drugs called laxatives
Q.What does it do?
It provides relief from constipation by stimulating the bowel muscles to propel stools out of the body
Q.Does sodium picosulfate work?
Yes, sodium picosulfate is an effective laxative that provides relief from constipation by stimulating the bowel muscles to propel stools out of the body
Q.How fast does it work?
It provides overnight relief from constipation and helps body return to its natural cycle.