food interaction for PIVASTA
alcohol interaction for PIVASTA
pregnancy interaction for PIVASTA
lactation interaction for PIVASTA
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PIVASTA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PIVASTA 4 MG TABLET
Patients taking PIVASTA 4 MG TABLET
- 93%Once A Day
- 4%Thrice A week
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PIVASTA
- PIVASTA 4MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 67.50/tabletRs. 135pay 314% more per tablet
- LIVASTAT 4MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novazen PharmaceuticalsRs. 20/tabletRs. 200pay 23% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for PIVASTA
- Maintain dietary restrictions while on treatment.
- Stop taking pitavastatin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience unexplained pain, weakness and tenderness in muscles, accompanied with fever and a feeling of discomfort (malaise), fits (uncontrolled seizures), elevated levels of creatine kinase, very low blood pressure (hypotension) or any other medical emergency.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), renal or liver diseases or muscle disorders, before starting pitavastatin treatment.
- You should be regularly monitored for liver function test to check rise in liver enzyme levels (transaminases) and blood glucose and Hb1Ac levels are recommended.
- Take extreme care to avoid pregnancy if you are taking pitavastatin or any other statins and consult your doctor immediately if you get to know that you are pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for PIVASTA
Q.Pitavastatin is superior to atorvastatin?
Pitavastatin and atorvastatin are different drugs belonging to the same class of HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (statins) and have the same mechanism of action. Their use in different conditions may vary depending upon individual response and therefore comparison between the two drugs cannot be drawn. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding their use.