food interaction for PIRFENEX
alcohol interaction for PIRFENEX
pregnancy interaction for PIRFENEX
lactation interaction for PIRFENEX
Avoid Pirfenex 200 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PIRFENEX
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR PIRFENEX 200 MG TABLET
Patients taking PIRFENEX 200 MG TABLET
- 72%Thrice A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
- 9%Once A Day
- 4%Alternate Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR PIRFENEX
- PIRFETAB 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 17.70/tabletRs. 177save 13% more per tablet
- FIBRODONE 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 17.55/tabletRs. 175.50save 14% more per tablet
- SPIROPIRF 200MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltdRs. 17.54/tabletRs. 175.35save 14% more per tablet
- FIBORESP 200MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 18.50/tabletRs. 185save 9% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PIRFENEX
- Pirfenidone makes you more sensitive to sunlight (photosensitivity). Avoid the sun (including sunlamps) whilst taking pirfenidone. Wear sunblock daily and cover your arms, legs and head to reduce exposure to sunlight.
- Do not take pirfenidone if you are currently taking any other medicine such as tetracycline antibiotics, as they can make you more photo sensitive.
- Do not take pirfenidone if you are currently taking any other medicine such as fluvoxamine, it should be discontinued prior to the initiation of pirfenidone therapy and avoided during pirfenidone therapy.
- Avoid using pirfenidone if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant.
- Avoid smoking or use tobacco products.
- Stop smoking while on and before beginning pirfenidone, as it can reduce the effect of pirfenidone.
- Pirfenidone may cause dizziness and tiredness. If you feel tired or dizzy be caution while driving or operating machinery.
- Stop using pirfenidone and consult your doctor immediately if you experience a serious allergic (hypersensitivity) reaction characterized by swelling of the face, lips and/or tongue, difficulty breathing or wheezing; or skin reaction to sunlight or sunlamps such as blistering and/or marked peeling of the skin.
- Avoid using pirfenidone if you feel ill and unwell and have yellowing of the eyes or skin, with or without dark urine, accompanied by itching of the skin; or if you get signs of an infection such as a sore throat, fever, mouth ulcers or flu-like symptoms.
Frequently asked questions FOR PIRFENEX
Q. Is pirfenidone approved by FDA?
Yes, pirfenidone is approved by the FDA for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosi
Q. Is pirfenidone a steroid?
No, pirfenidone is not a steroid
Q. How much does pirfenidone cost?
The price of pirfenidone may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you. Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.