food interaction for PIOZULIN
alcohol interaction for PIOZULIN
pregnancy interaction for PIOZULIN
lactation interaction for PIOZULIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PIOZULIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PIOZULIN
- PIOGLIT 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49pay 27% more per tablet
- PIOZ 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 4.34/tabletRs. 43.39pay 13% more per tablet
- PIOGLAR 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.35/tabletRs. 83.50pay 117% more per tablet
- PIOSYS 15 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Systopic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.40/tabletRs. 42save 64% more per tablet
- PIONORM 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39pay 1% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for PIOZULIN
- If you are allergic to pioglitazone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have heart failure or have had heart failure in the past.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have had a complication of diabetes causing rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting (diabetic ketoacidosis) or a special type of diabetic eye disease with swelling of the back of the eye(macular edema).
- If you have ever had bladder cancer and blood in urine.
- If you have cysts on your ovaries (polycystic ovary syndrome).
Frequently asked questions for PIOZULIN
Q.Does pioglitazone cause hair loss?
No, pioglitazone does not cause hair loss. However, if you experience such side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does pioglitazone cause bladder cancer or any other cancer?
In clinical studies, more people who took pioglitazone for more than one year developed bladder cancer as compared to those who did not take pioglitazone. It is recommended to consult your doctor about the risk of taking this medication if you have had bladder cancer in the past or have a history of passing blood in urine. No other cancer type has been linked with use of pioglitazone
Q.Does pioglitazone cause heart failure?
Pioglitazone can cause fluid retention, which may worsen or precipitate heart failure
Q.Is pioglitazone safe?
Pioglitazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.